Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

This is a query from our Auditors. The normal suggestion would be that they really should get out more, but actually they have a point:-

It is possible to accept a cash payment and then go back before you run the end of day financial reports; delete the financial transactions and then delete the record of the appointment.

To mitigate against this possibility really requires two peices of information:-
    1) A report so that “management” can view any deleted appointments
    2) A report to list the deleted financial transactions

Do these reports already exist?

regards
    Tony Taylor
    ESO Maidstone

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post.

>> It is possible to accept a cash payment and then go back before you run
    >> the end of day financial reports; delete the financial transactions and then
    >> delete the record of the appointment.

If a user has permission to delete invoices, payments and appointments, then yes they could do this.

Once a record is deleted, there’s no way of reporting on it, because it has physically been removed from the database. Instead, you should setup your user permissions in order to restrict users from deleting records.

Hope this helps!

Certainly I could try segmentation of duties so that no single person could do all three deletes. But even with our large Clinic there are times when this is difficult.

I would consider it a significant weakness if deleted transactions (appointments, invoices and payments) just vanish. The Clinic Office design, quite rightly makes a big virtue of deleted staff and patients being put in the “trash can” rather than permanently deleted.

I would suggest details of deleted transactions should be recorded on a “temporary” log file at the very least.

Within a payment session we encourage using transactions as “elctronic tipex”. So you get a payment/invoice wrong (it happens) delete the payment, correct the invoice, reimput the payment. Saves the use of credit notes and journals. Keeps the staff sane and to a certain extent the accounts happy. To make it trans[arent and the Auditors happy it just needs a report.

Tony Taylor

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post Tony.

>> I would consider it a significant weakness if deleted transactions
    >> (appointments, invoices and payments) just vanish.

Appointments are usually set to CANCELLED status rather than being deleted and clinics who don’t want payments or invoices to be deleted usually setup the access rights so that users can’t delete an invoice/payment record (if they need to do this, they get a Supervisor to do it).

As regards the logging of deleted records, I’ve added it to the wish-list. However there’s a significant amount of work involved and as nobody else has requested this, it’s unlikely to be implemented any time soon – we currently have a very long list of more urgent development requests pending! If this is an absolute requirement for your clinic, please feel free to give us a call and we can provide a quote for designing, coding and implementing this feature in ClinicOffice for you.

Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.