Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I see that it is possible to synchronise the diary and contacts with Outlook which uses .csv files and then synchronise Outlook with the calendar on a mobile phone. I don’t have Outlook. 🙂

Would it be possible to extend this feature to include synchronisation with Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts as found in Vista? Windows Calendar uses .ics files while Contacts uses .vcf format.

I know that these programs will synchronise with my phone using Nokia PC Suite.

Jon

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I see that it is possible to synchronise the diary and contacts with Outlook which uses .csv files… Would it be possible to extend this feature

ClinicOffice doesn’t use CSV files to communicate with Outlook, it communicates directly via the Outlook API. This means there’s no way that our code can be ‘extended’ to work with Windows Calendar or Contacts, rather it would require a complete rewrite of the synchronization module.

Did you know that you can buy Outlook 2007 for around £30? If your Nokia will sync with Outlook then this will allow you to use ClinicOffice with your phone.

Click here for the latest Outlook 2007 prices.

Thanks for the explanation.

I’ll have to think about it. When I tried the Outlook demo I wasn’t impressed with the way it wanted to take over my whole computer, or it seemed like that, and it was aimed at salesmen and managers whose lives revolve around meetings instead of actually doing something. 😀 :-k

Jon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.