- November 28, 2008 at 3:19 pm #30942
The first thing is DON’T PANIC! #-o ClinicOffice doesn’t actually delete patient, contact or staff records. It simply puts them in the ‘recycle bin’.
Here’s what to do…
- – Click the Recycle Bin button (top middle of the Ribbon Bar)
– This will open the Recycle Bin. If no records appear, simply press the F7 button to show all deleted records
– Locate the patient/contact/staff record which you deleted and right-click on the record
– Click Undelete Record
– ClinicOffice will now confirm that it has undeleted the record for you
– Now go back to the patient/contact/staff database screen and click Refresh and you should now see the previously deleted record has been restored! :D/
Please note that this DOES NOT apply to invoices/payments/session notes etc. When these other types of record are deleted, they are physically removed from the database.
As always, we recommend that you implement a good regular backup strategy which always gives you the option of restoring from a backup if you need to.March 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm #32121
Is there a way to empty the recycle bin, so a patient is completely deleted from the database? I mean when there are no other relations to other records, i.e. in the case a patient has been created and never been used in the system.March 9, 2010 at 9:50 am #32122
Good question. It’s actually on our list of things to do, but as you say it will only be possible if there are absolutely no links to the record being permanently deleted, otherwise the referential integrity of the database will be compromised.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.