Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

**This only applies to self hosted customers**

Q. What does this mean?

There are a few reasons that this can happen, however main reason is something that can often be fixed easily without the need to call our support desk.

For self hosted customers, the online diary relies on being able to connect over the internet to the computer that hosts your database at your clinic. If this computer is not connected to the internet and/or switched off then the online diary will not function.

If however you have checked that your main PC is both:

• Switched on and…
      • connected to the internet

Then here are some step-by-step instructions on what you can do to resolve the problem…

Firstly, you will need to click here and login to your CLIENT PORTAL

If you ARE the account owner and you HAVE used this website before, you will be able to logon with your email/password. If you’ve forgotten those details, please click the “Forgotten password” link or contact us.

If you ARE the account owner and you HAVEN’T used this website before, you will need to click “Logon with Account Details” rather than with an email/password. If you don’t know your account details, then you will need to contact us at this poimt, and we will provide them for you.

If you are NOT the account owner, please get in touch with whoever is so that they can check this for you.

Q. OK, I’ve logged on – what now?
      Click on the ‘My Account’ button, and under the Online Diary section, you will notice a field to enter your IP address. This will be your public IP address, and can easily be found by opening a new Google tab, and typing ‘my-ip’. Once you have your IP address, check that it matches what is shown in the Client Portal, and if not, copy and paste it over the top of the old one.

Click ‘update’ and try the online diary again.

Q. I’ve done all this and the diary still isn’t working. Is there anything more I can do?

This likely means that some settings on your router have changed relating to port forwarding, or that the diary is being blocked by some sort of firewall/antivirus. If you feel confident, you can try checking if the port forwarding rule is pointing to the correct internal IP address for the computer that hosts the database, but if not you can give our support desk a call to assist further.

OTHER QUESTIONS

Q. My IP address keeps changing!
      You could ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) e.g. BT, Virgin, TalkTalk, PlusNet etc. to give you a STATIC IP address i.e. one that doesn’t change. Many ISPs will do that if you ask them.

Alternatively, if you login to the Client Portal and go to My Account -> Online Diary, enter your new IP address and click the Update button to update the details. Our Online Diary service will then point again at your site. To find your IP address just Google “what is my IP address”.

Please feel free to reply to this forum post if you have any further questions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.