December 2, 2008 at 9:24 am #30943
On 1st December 2008 the British Government cut VAT from 17.5% to 15%. This will be in effect until 31st December 2009.
(Note: this article is only applicable if you charge your patients VAT, otherwise you don’t need to do anything!)
This article explains how to change the VAT of your products. Please note that this will NOT change any historic invoices which you have already entered – it will only affect future invoices from this point onward.
 Changing the default VAT%
- – In ClinicOffice XP, go to the File menu
– Click Clinic Setup
– In the Clinic Setup window, select the Tax tab
– Change the Tax Percent to 15%
– Click OK to finish
 Changing the VAT% for existing Products
There are two ways to accomplish this. You can either manually adjust each item (which is fine if you don’t have too many), or they can all be done in one database operation.
If you only have a few items, we recommend manually adjusting your items. Here’s how :-
- – Go to your Products Database
– Double click on one of the products
– Inside the Product Editor change the Tax Percent to 15
The second method is to perform a database operation to update all your items in one go.
- – Please take a BACKUP of your database
– After the backup is finished, go to the Tools menu
– Click Advanced DB Operation
– Select the code below and COPY it to the clipboard (CTRL-C or right-click | Copy)
update product set taxpercent=15 where taxpercent=17.5
– Paste the code into the Advanced Database Functions window (in ClinicOffice)
– Click the Execute SQL Statement button
A message will appear once the database operation has finished. Click OK to dismiss this message and then click Close to finish.
Now refresh the Product Database screen and you should see that all the VAT percentages have been changed from 17.5% to 15%.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.