Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Annecy
    Participant

I’m looking for the best way to manage the records of deceased patients, which I don’t want to delete.  If I set them as inactive, does that mean that I can then use the patient database and in Grid data I tick Hide inactive records, that I will automatically be excluding them.  Or is there a better way to go about it? Thanks,

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Annecy,

Setting a patient as ‘Inactive’ is probably the best way of accomplishing this. As you mention, you can then hide them from grid views, or indeed reports if you wanted to. All of their data however would remain accessible for historic medical purposes.

Annecy
    Participant

HI Josh,

Although I can see the tick box for inactive records in the grid, i’ve realised I don’t actually know how to set a record to inactive.  Could you provide details of how to please, thanks, Anne

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Annecy,

The ‘Inactive’ status is set from within the patient record. The field that you need to locate is called ‘Patient Status’. When you click in this box, you will actually notice the option to ‘Edit List’.

This means if you wanted, you could edit the list, and create a new category called ‘Deceased’ and from the same screen, click to make that an ‘Inactive’ status also. This has the same effect as setting a patient with the standard Inactive status, but it would allow you to filter between the two if necessary.

Annecy
    Participant

Brilliant – have taken your advice and updated all records. Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.