Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    meli524
    Participant

Is it possible to split an invoice to the same recipient? Or how would the following scenario be possible?

After the intake I propose a psychodiagnostic investigation consisting of for eg. 7 different appointments over the course of lets say 10 weeks. The appointments vary in length and with that varies the cost of each appointment. Clients are required to pay 50% of the total amount before the first appointment and the remaining 50% of the total amount before the last appointment. I noticed that when I split the invoice, the splitted invoice must be someone else than the recipient of the created invoice.

I used to create separate invoices for each appointment, but would prefer to create one invoice containing all the appointments for that psychodiagnostic investigation, and split it so when I receive the first payment I can enter that payment to the first 50% and and assign the second half of the invoice and payment date to a later date.

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Meli524,

Thanks for your post.

The ‘Split Invoice’ feature has been designed to allow you to split an invoice across 2 separate contacts, but was never intended to work in the way that you mention. For example, if an insurance company agrees to pay a partial amount of the bill, and the patient needs to pay the difference, this is where the ‘Split Invoice’ feature is handy.

In your case, is there any reason why you couldn’t simply create the single invoice, set the due date as when it needs to be paid in full, but then take and allocate 50% of the payment at the time of creating the invoice. ClinicOffice will allow partial payments, and you would only need to create one invoice.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.