Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am exploring the demo version with the aid of the user.pdf. I can create list fields and place them in the patient window-> medical tab. but my selected option doesn’t ‘stick’. [snip]
    ** Ignore the above – it does work once I opened and closed COv4 **

I want to be able to associate a piece of equipment with each patients appointment and then do reports and view the appointments grid based on who has what.

Secondly, (bad form for forums I know…) can I interrogate the database with other software such as Excel and Access? – I will need to transfer financial info into Sage since this is manual at the moment. I think we will end up with the server edition if that make a difference.

Regards,

Steve
    Salisbury
    http://www.odstockmedical.com

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Steve – thanks for your post.

I want to be able to associate a piece of equipment with each patients appointment and then do reports and view the appointments grid based on who has what.

You can add a custom LIST field to the Appointment Editor and you could populate the LIST items with the different pieces of equipment. To generate reports on custom fields, we would probably have to design a quick custom report for you, which (for simple reports) we do without charge when you join the support plan.

can I interrogate the database with other software such as Excel and Access

Yes – there are two options here. The Server Edition uses PGSQL (http://www.postgresql.org) as the backend database so you could use an ODBC driver to connect directly to the database.

Alternatively, if you tell us what information you want, then we can create a simple grid report inside ClinicOffice which you can then export directly to Excel. You can test this option now by going to the INVOICE screen (as an example) click SHOW ALL (to display all invoices), RIGHT click anywhere on the grid and choose EXPORT.

You will see that there are lots of export options, including one direct to Excel.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.