Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

siking
    Participant

I would like an autosave option when I have the session notes option. My wireless network keeps dropping the connection and I lose the entire notes session.

Simon

Support
    Keymaster

Hmmm… to be honest, it’s very unlikely that we will be implementing an autosave feature for technical reasons.

Imagine you went in to a patient’s record and accidentally deleted the text from a session note (this could easily be done if all the text were highlighted and you pressed any key on the keyboard).

If the auto-save then kicked in, it would effectively overwrite the record information with a blank record and there would be no way to retrieve it.

Further problems would arise if you started editing a record and then for some reason wanted to revert back (e.g. if you realise you are editing the wrong record). Again, if an auto-save had been performed, it would overwrite your data making it impossible to revert back.

Our suggestion? As noted on our website (http://pioneersoftware.co.uk) we urge customers to shy away from wireless networks with ClinicOffice for the very reason you mention – dropped network connections.

Using ClinicOffice over a network is not like editing a word document or an excel spreadsheet over the network. ClinicOffice requires a persistent network access to your database and connection drops are not only an inconvenience, but in some cases could even corrupt record data (if the drop occurs during a database write operation). So whereever possible, we strongly recommend a sold wired network rather than wireless.

Sorry we can’t be of more help!

siking
    Participant

Your reply is most courteous and considerate. I wish I had read your recommendations before ripping out the wired network during our refurbishment.

I must say that all the problems I had at the time I wrote have improved massively since I upgraded the router/modem’s firmware and got the right version on the 4th attempt. Now it is rare that it drops the connection.

Thanks again

Simon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.