Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I love the addition of this new feature but haven’t adopted as yet! I spoke to card save sales today, who couldn’t give me exact costing per transaction and running cost except to advise that they could beat my current running costs.

I’m currently with payment sense paying £20 + vat for terminals (x2) and roughly 6p per transaction so my question is what are car safe offering people? I know it based on turnover etc but some ball park figures would be good.

Interface looks great and video was impressive I’d like to know whats it like in use in practice?

Unfortunately I’m tied into a contract with payment sense at the moment otherwise I would be an early adopter of this new feature!

Congrats to the Pioneer Team for another innovative feature!

Thanking you for Your feedback in advance

Gnarly-Dude

Spoke to a guy at Cardsave called Paul, a very helpful man…

Setup cost for virtual terminal is £99 with a running cost of 1.25% on credit cards and 25p per transaction on debit cards and £19.95 service costs per month..

I think this is fairly reasonable… I’d prefer a free setup…

If you hear anything different please post

Gnarly-Dude

http://www.facebook.com/proactivehealthcare

http://www.b-proactive.com

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that information Colm – very useful.

Please bear in mind however that CardSave “tailor” the package for each customer depending on the likely throughput of card transactions. In other words, larger clinics who are processing more card transactions each month will pay lower fees.

None-the-less, it’s helpful to know the costs that you were quoted – thanks again!

>> I think this is fairly reasonable… I’d prefer a free setup…
    Why not ask them?! If you tell them that you’ll place an order right there and then if they waive the setup fee, then maybe they’ll go for it.
    (Disclaimer: we have no knowledge to this effect, but you never know and there’s no harm in asking!)

siking
    Participant

Am I right in assuming that the card number has to be entered manually, that there is no swipe available using the virtual terminal? Also, does cardsave save the card details for future transactions?

Support
    Keymaster

>> Am I right in assuming that the card number has to be entered manually, that there is no swipe available using the virtual terminal? Also, does cardsave save the card details for future transactions?
    That’s correct – the card number has to be entered manually when the the card is first used. Thereafter, you can simply choose to “use the same card as last time” as the card details are saved by CardSave (who are 100% PCI-DSS compliant).

Please let us know if you need any more information – thanks!

In effect does this mean that we don’t have to maintain PCI compliance if they hold the card details?

This cost me (PCI compliance) £4.99 + vat per month to pay for this service and I got fined £50 over 9mts without knowing that me compliance had lapsed and wasn’t notified!

So do I still have to be compliant?

Gnarly-Dude

Support
    Keymaster

>> In effect does this mean that we don’t have to maintain PCI compliance if they hold the card details?

Good question. We contacted CardSave, discussed this at length and have written up a new FAQ discussing the subject :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-411-do-i-need-to-be-pci-compliant-to-use-worldpay?view=all

Hope this helps!

I have been again revisiting CardSave and at the appropriate time (when my current contract finishes) will be opting for this. As with everything I do, I apply Murphy’s law ie. if it can happen then inevitable it will!

So I’d like to know how other users deal with Power Cuts. I use UPS devices which give me 20min power before the computers go down (enough time to print the diary).

So my question is with clinic Office down can I ring CardSave and do transactions over the phone?

Second question was put me by a patient I was floating the idea with…
    What’s to stop us from taking money off a patients card without their permission?
    Obviously my staff, as I’m sure yours, are incredible trustworthy people, and obviously all transactions would show on their credit card and are logged. I suppose I’m asking those current users how did you train your staff to answer this valid patient concern because everybody in now conditioned to “Chip & Pin”.

Finally, Any tips on implementation in terms of patient information/education. I was thinking of linking the video that Hedley’s done on my site and directing patients to a FAQ page.

Please comment as I’m sure their are other users primed for adoption of CardSave with the same concerns who would benefit from your experience.

Many Thanks

Colm

Hi there Backman,

Thanks for your post!

That’s a good question regarding taking payments should power or ClinicOffice go down. If ClinicOffice goes down for any reason but you can still get online, you can process transactions directly from your Cardsave account. Whether you can phone them and process transactions, I am not entirely sure, however I will look into this for you.

With regards to your second question – How can patients trust you won’t take extra payments etc….Cardsave are Level 1 PCI compliant, more information about CardSave security can be found here – http://www.cardsave.net/about-cardsave#security

Also, when taking payments in ClinicOffice, if you tick to save a patients payment details, when you go back to receive another payment, all you can see is the expiry date and the last 4 digits. There is no way of getting FULL payment details from the ClinicOffice database.

Again, Cardsave have a very helpful team and I am sure they would be more than happy to explain their security to you!

If you need anything else, feel free to contact us!

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.