Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roelofwielinga
    Participant

Hi,
    1) How can I install a server ed. when I have already a prof.ed. on my pc?
    2) Can I transfer or copy items from and to de different databases?

Support
    Keymaster

>> 1) How can I install a server ed. when I have already a prof.ed. on my pc?
    The Server and Professional programs are the same. The only difference is the shortcut used to launch them.

Please make sure you are using the “ClinicOffice v4 Server Edition” icon which is in your “START MENU | PROGRAMS | ClinicOffice v4 | ClinicOffice v4 Server Edition“.

>> 2) Can I transfer or copy items from and to de different databases?
    According to our records you already have the Server Edition and we have already converted your old CO2005 database to the COv4 Server Edition. There should be no need to transfer or copy items between different types of database – it has all already been done for you.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Hello Support,
    Thanks for the accurate response.
    I am using the server edition where I work 2 days of the week, but next to that I am using the professional edition for my own (small) clinic.
    In this situation it would be really interesting if I can exchange items from one database to the other.
    Thanks for your time,
    Roelof

Support
    Keymaster

The Professional Edition uses the ElevateDB database engine while the Server Edition uses PostgreSQL.

These are not compatible and even if they were, you can’t simply “exchange items from one database to another” because ClinicOffice uses a relational database structure – all records are linked and cross-linked to other records e.g. Patients are linked to other Contacts and Staff Members, as well as Invoices, Appointments, Payments, Credits, Refunds etc. etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.