Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello again,
    I was trying to build a custom report and wondered if a database diagram is available (free/purchase)? I would like to build an appointment oriented list but am unsure of the available fields/tables, primary keys, indices, etc. For example a daily list of appointments by clinician with many of the appointment details (i.e. notes). Hopefully this is the right spot for the question. So far the product looks pretty good.

Ever hopeful 🙂

Alun

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Alun,

We view the ClinicOffice database schema as our intellectual property (like source code) and therefore we don’t tend to give it out. If you require a custom report then the best thing would be to supply our support team with a template/mockup and we will do it for you.

If you join the Support Plan then you get a 50% discount on any custom report, and if it’s a really simple report (or a tweak to an existing report) then we’ll very often be able to do it in 5 minutes without any charge.

>> a daily list of appointments by clinician

You can already do this by going to the DIARY and clicking SWITCH TO GRID VIEW. If you then look at the GRID OPTIONS you can set the view to GROUP BY STAFF. From the sounds of it, this might give you what you’re looking for.

Hello,

1) schema response understood. Clues to reverse engineer? 😉
    2) the grid view of the diary was close but the ‘notes’ field was absent. A custom report may be best in this case.
    3) I will go off line and send a purchase licensing query to you directly in order to seek advice as to the best package for my wife’s clinic.

Thx.

Alun

Hell,
    I sent a PM to the ‘support’ address about licensing, costs, advice, etc. and wondered if this was perhaps not the correct target? Info appreciated. Thx.

Regards,
    Alun

Support
    Keymaster

Apologies Alun – we missed that PM as we don’t check the forum for PMs particularly regularly. If you want to send a more private message, it’s usually better to email us instead.

I’ve emailed you a reply to your YAHOO address which you used to register your account on this forum.

Kind Regards,

Hello,
    Thanks very much, I received a response from Hedley and will review.

Questions:
    My wifes clinic has some specific needs around insurance companies, caps on claims amounts and caps on appointment numbers. Would this be the best place to post the questions?

I recall seeing custom report development options, data conversion, etc…. and wondered what ‘bespoke software’ meant. Would this allow for additional logic to be applied to a report or perhaps within the patient record (i.e. multiple insurance companies, caps on amounts)?

If this is the spot I will start a new thread with the a statement of requirements (questions) and we can chat 🙂

We do appreciate the timely responses and the product is certainly generating some excitement with the harried staff! I also want to quell the comments of the jaded skeptics 😉

Regards,
    Alun

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Alun,

This forum is for general ClinicOffice Support, so it’s probably best to direct questions regarding potential customisations and/or bespoke development direct to our support team via email.

>> wondered what ‘bespoke software’ meant
    bespoke = tailored / made to measure / custom made

ClinicOffice is very ‘customisable’ and offers lots of scope for changing the layout of on screen editors, data grids and reports. If you would like us to undertake such customisations, there will most likely be a small charge – for example, see the Report Designing charges on our pricing page.

However, requests which actually require us to make code changes to the software are a different matter and are very costly due to the amount of design, development and testing that we have to undertake.

We’re certainly happy to provide quotations for bespoke changes to the core ClinicOffice program, but we do like to point out that while ClinicOffice is probably the most flexible and versatile clinic management program on the market, it’s not our intention to provide clinics with a ‘tailored’ (or ‘bespoke’) solution. Frankly, such a solution would cost £10,000s if not £100,000s rather than our very reasonable prices!

Hope this makes sense. As mentioned, please feel free to contact our support team for more information.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.