Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    clinicoffice_user
    Participant

I’m trying to import appointment records, but keep getting the message below when I click on verify file during the preview file step of the import process. Ive tried changing details within the file, created a new file etc, but I still keep getting this message, please could you advise what is causing it?

Unable to read file F:abcd.csv
    An item with the same key has already been added.

William
    Keymaster

Hello

Thanks for your post. This can be caused for a number of reasons. Here are some things to try.

1) Make sure that your CSV file is not open in any other program such as Excel while performing the import.

2) If you are importing anything like an “id” field in your CSV files, make sure they are all unique and that numbers are not duplicated.

3) Sometimes Excel can insert additional blank rows or columns when you “Save As” a CSV file which can produce problems for the importer. If you’re using Excel, please try the following :-
    – Click on the ROW HEADER of the first row which is blank (i.e. at the bottom of your data)
    – Drag the mouse down so that you are select about 30-40 rows which look blank. Now right-click on one of the selected ROW HEADERS and choose DELETE.
    – Repeat this process for the COLUMN HEADERS to remove any additional columns which are blank.
    – Now save the file as a CSV file again and try to import it.

Please let us know if you need any points clarifying or if you are still having problems after trying the above – many thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.