Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the new locking ability afforded in the latest update and the capability to . However as a default this has locked all historical notes. I have seen from your tutorial how to easily unlock the individual session etc but I was wondering if I can change the settings so that the files are unlocked by default unless I choose to lock them?

Best regards

Ronan Doyle

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

After the update to 1058 any CASES which had been “closed” (i.e. a ‘closed date’ had been specified) will be set as “locked” while cases which were still ‘open’ (i.e. no ‘closed date’ had been specified) would have been left unlocked.

Once a CASE is locked, any sessions, forms, visual notes or any other record attached to that case would also be locked. If you need to go back and change a SESSION for example, then the only way of doing this would be to manually “unlock” the parent CASE and then also unlock the SESSION so that it becomes editable.

For security reasons (which is why this was introduced), I’m afraid that there’s no way to change this behaviour.

I hope this makes sense!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.