Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to change the patient record (home->patients->double click on any patient name)

currently, the tabs near the top of the patient detail screen say “patient details”, “appointments”, “finances” and “documents”.

Can I change the word “appointments” to “Interactions and Appointments”. I know that’s a bit of a clumsy term, but I’d like all interactions to be logged with our patients. In other words, if my clinic calls a patient to see how they are following treatment, this should be logged and I’d like it logged in the appointments section rather than in the clinical notes. Additionally, if someone is enquiring about a treatment, then logging this in the appointments section means we can see how many times we’ve tried contacting them, so we don’t hassle enquirers, but equally, we want to try contacting someone a few times before we give up, and at different times of the day. Lastly, if someone emails us or walks in off the street with an enquiry, then again we can log that information and use it to follow up with postal information or a follow up phone call.

I think the best way of doing this is through the appointments section of the database, but to make it look more like a contact management system, I would perhaps want my staff to see words to make them think of “appointments” as “patient and enquirer contact management”

Thanks for the help!

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

>> Can I change the word “appointments” to “Interactions and Appointments”

No, I’m afraid this is not possible as these are hard-coded system tabs. It may be possible to make some changes in a future update to allow you change these names via the Scripting Module, but at present it’s not possible.

One of the future addon modules we release will be a “Contact Manager” or “Communication Manager” module which will be designed to track all communication with patients/contacts but that’s probably a few months away at the moment.

I think a communications module would be great. We could categorise, for example, people who have had an enquiry, consultation, treatment, repeat treatments; we could cross reference that information with financial information, and have special days for certain people. We could make sure that enquiries are all handled properly and people who make enquiries have follow up calls until they have made a decision to come for a consultation, and so on.

Please do work on something similar to a contact management system module as it would be a very useful feature indeed.

yes please – i would like that too 🙂 Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.