Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

With clients who have a prepaid account, when you go into their account, why doesn’t their Finances page show the balance of their account properly, as your Bank statement would?

e.g. A patient pre-pays £500, has 2 treatments of £40. Yes, the total shows £420 but on each line it should show £460 and £420 respectively, rather than -£40 each time. Whilst it’s easy for a couple of transactions, when you have to go back through several months or a client wants a print out of their account, it’s a true nightmare.

I did request this was looked at some months ago but nothing happened… Can you give me any news guys please?????
    Thank you

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

I can see that there’s an item in our “wish-list” for “show running totals on patient’s accounts screen”.

So far, we’ve only had one customer request this feature, which is yourselves. Perhaps if there are any other users who would like to see this feature too, they can reply to this post to let us know! 🙂

>> why doesn’t their Finances page show the balance of their
    >> account properly, as your Bank statement would?

I notice that we have previously sent you an email which answered this question as follows :-

For technical reasons, this is an incredibly difficult thing to implement due to the ability to sort the grids by different column headers – it would therefore require the grid to perform runtime calculations and update the ‘balance’ column in the fly. Unfortunately, this isn’t a small change and would require significant work.

>> when you have to go back through several months or a
    >> client wants a print out of their account, it’s a true nightmare.

Presumably, you’re trying to discern which invoices are unpaid, or which payments are unapplied? Why not simply turn on the STATUSES? To do this, click on Grid Options (top right of the grid) and under Data Source select “With Statuses [Slower]”. This adds an additional column (on the right of the screen) which shows the status of each transaction.

Secondly, have you tried the “Customer Statement” report? This report does show a list of running balances.

Given the above, I think it’s a little extreme to suggest that “it’s a nightmare” just because there’s no running balance on one particular screen.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say that we wouldn’t mind a running total on the screen too…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.