Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    coolumchiropractic
    Participant

Hi,

Every time I open Clinic Office it asks me if I want to Reset the sample data base.
    How can I stop this from popping up, as I am worried that someone might accidently wipe all our data (3 years worth!)?

Thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

It sounds like you’ve been incorrectly using the Sample Database to enter your actual live data. For anyone else reading this, please please please don’t do that! [-X As explained in the User Guide, you should always create a NEW database for your live data, otherwise (as the poster rightly says) if you reset the Sample Database you will lose ALL your data.

To rectify this, please do the following :-

[1] Take a BACKUP of your database (TOOLS | BACKUP DATABASE)

[2] Restore the database (TOOLS | RESTORE DATABASE) using the backup file that you just created. When prompted, select CREATE NEW DATABASE and enter the name of your clinic (e.g. “Coolum Chiropractic”).

You should now have a new database available on your logon screen called “Coolum Chiropractic” (or whatever name you chose).

[3] Log on to your new database (i.e. not the Sample Database) then click TOOLS | ADVANCED DB OPERATION. Copy and paste the following code in to the window which pops up :-

update setting set value='False' where section='Database' and name='IsSample'

Lastly, click the EXECUTE button to run this command and then you can close the window.

After completing the above steps you should now have a completely separate database for your live data which won’t get confused with the Sample Database.

We hope this is helpful – please let us know if you need any further assistance! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.