Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have set up the system to send a text only email as explained in the manual. However, when I try to send an email, it fails and said that the socket connection has timed out.

This has happened 5 times and I would be grateful for some help as to what I have done wrong.

thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Sally – problems like are usually to do with your SMTP Email configuration.

Please can you do the following :-
    [1] Click the VIEW menu at the top of the main ClinicOffice screen
    [2] Click ClinicOffice Settings
    [3] Click the “Global Settings” tab and then the “Setup Email SMTP Server Details” button
    [4] This screen allows you to configure your SMTP server – please make sure all the details are correct and click the “Send Test Email” button. If this works then ClinicOffice will be able to send emails.

Please note that your SMTP server settings are not something we can help with – you need to contact your internet service provider (such as BT, AOL, TalkTalk, Tiscali etc.).

Please let us know if this helps to resolve it. If not then please let us know the exact error message you get when attempting to send a test email.

Many thanks.

Hi
    The test email worked and sent to my email. However, Clinic Office still fails to send an email to a client. The message received is:

MailbeesmptloginbadcredentialsException: The server has rejected authentication data sent by the client. The server responded: 535-5.7.1. Username and password not accepted.

Many thanks

I have managed to sort this out now. However, my next question is:

Can I send an email to all clients and attach an excel document which is currently saved on my desktop? I have tried to work out how to do it, but as usual, am struggling!

Many thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,

>> The test email worked and sent to my email
    >> However, Clinic Office still fails to send an email to a client
    >> … I have managed to sort this out now

For the benefit of other users who may read this and are experiencing the same problem – please can you let us know what fixed it? Was it simply a case that you were entering the wrong username/password? Thanks.

>> Can I send an email to all clients and attach an excel document
    You can do this direct from ClinicOffice if you have the Email Manager module. The standard email facility in ClinicOffice for sending appointment reminders only sends simple text based emails so it’s not possible to send attachments.

Alternatively, to you can use your standard email program to email all your clients. Please see this FAQ for more information :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-310-how-do-i-send-an-email-to-multiple-patients

Thank you for your response. Yes, the problem was solved by the correct username and password. Not quite sure why the test email worked previously, but as long as it works now, I am happy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.