Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I recently downloaded COv4 in hopes of implementing the application at my wife’s physio clinic and would like to confirm some functionality. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as the current solution is grief filled! On to the questions:

1) is it possible to have a specific service (i.e. acupuncture) with a set fee (i.e. $25) and then attach a clinician specific compensation percentage? i.e. ClinicianA recieves 22% of the fee, ClinicianB would recieve 26%. The reportable amounts are then used to drive payroll.

2) is it possible for me add this functionality? i.e. add fee schedule tables that weight the various service offerings and then develop a custom report that calculates the Clinician specific compensation.

I was able to modify some SQL statements as an experiment and wondered how far I can go with this 🙂

Please let there be hope!! 😀

Regards,
    Alun Carter

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

[1] Yes this is certainly possible. Usually the best way is to have us create a custom report for you which generates the percentages/figures which are specific to your clinic. There is a one-off charge for a custom report design (see http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-how-to-buy)

[2] Yes you could create this report yourself if you are very familiar with SQL and also our database schema but generally it’s much better to allow us to do this for you.

Hello,
    Thanks for the quick response!

1) I reviewed the custom report option and this does appear to be an appropriate solution. When we get to that point we will contact you.

2) In fact I write SQL (Oracle flavour) for a living so I feel pretty comfortable in that arena 😉 With that said I will ask about your schema response. In one of the other threads you sent you mention the proprietary nature of the database (understood) and that it is not typically made available. If that is the case in would be difficult to develop any ad hocs.

3) on that note what is the database employed by COv4? The files appear to have an EBD extension which is new to me.

Thanks again.

Support
    Keymaster

>> If that is the case in would be difficult to develop any ad hocs.
    Agreed. It’s a bit of a catch 22 really. It’s obviously not in our interests to make the database schema public, but we do acknowledge that some customers who have SQL knowledge (like yourself) would benefit, so we have allowed more ‘advanced’ users to have access to the database design as long as they agree to keep it confidential.

>> what is the database employed by COv4
    The Startup and Professional Editions use ElevatedDB (http://www.elevatesoft.com) while the Server Edition uses PostgreSQL (http://www.postgresql.org).

I hope this information helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.