Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clinicoffice_user
    Participant

Hi,

I am having problems with ClinicOffice :-
      (a) the emails keep returning with a fault “Unable to connect to mail server”
      (b) when it asks if I want to upgrade to the next version 1070 instead of 1068 it crashes
      (c) when I try and back up it crashes
      (d) when I want to sync with google calendar there is a fault!

Many thanks,

NatureDoc

Support
      Keymaster

Hi there – thanks for your post.

(a) the emails keep returning with a fault “Unable to connect to mail server”
        Please can you elaborate? Are you using the Email Module? If so, have you correctly setup your POP and SMTP servers in the email accounts screen? On page 92 of your User Guide there’s a section “Email Account Setup” which explains how to enter your email account details into ClinicOffice. Obviously your email account details are not something that we have access to, but more likely will be given to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) e.g. BT, Tiscali, TalkTalk, AOL etc.

(b) when it asks if I want to upgrade to the next version 1070 instead of 1068 it crashes
        When you say “it crashes” – what do you mean? Is there a specific error message that you can tell us about? Can you send a screenshot of the message? How far through the update procedure does it get? 1000’s of users have upgraded successfully to update 1070, so it’s a bit difficult to diagnose what the problem might be from that description.

(c) when I try and back up it crashes
        Once again… we really can’t help based on that description – please give us more details.

(d) when I want to sync with google calendar there is a fault!
        Google Sync hasn’t been implemented yet – it will be released in update 1071. There was a mistake made with a release of 1068 which showed the “Google Calendar Sync” option in the right-click menu on the diary screen, however the feature was not implemented and we quickly rectified by re-uploading build 1068. Possibly you downloaded update 1068 in the small window before we noticed the mistake – apologies for the confusion. As mentioned, 1071 will include this feature for users who have purchased the Calendar Sync module.

We look forward to receiving more details from you so that we can assist further.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the screenshots as pdfs.

a) the email function was set up with your support staff and therefore followed the instructions – there have been no changes since. It has always had this fault but I only use the email function to store emails from my outlook rather than using this as my default email – it is not of prime importance, just a question why this is happening.

b) see screenshot – it simply says that clinic office has stopped working every time I try to install a new build. Before it would crash and then about the third time it would be OK and the new build would be there. This time is it just stopped working each time.

c) you will see from the screen shot that is thinks another person is using my system – i am the only user and no other computers on my network as such.

d) thanks for the info on the update 1071 – this will be great to have this function.

Many thanks

Lucinda

Support
        Keymaster

Thanks for your post.

(a) OK… the error message means that ClinicOffice can’t connect to your email server, so the first thing to check is what does ClinicOffice have set as your email server? To find out please go to the Email Manager, click “Email Settings” (top right) and click “Configure Email Accounts”.

This will bring up the “Email Account Manager” screen – please can you attach a screen shot of that screen?

(b) Please try closing down ClinicOffice and then downloading and running the update direct from our website. You can download it from here :-
          https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-updates

(c) This is because you’re trying to save the backup direct to a network/removable drive which was a problem prior to build 1070. Once you’ve installed the update it should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.