Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Frishert
    Participant

I have just installed version 1056 and converted the database to 1055 (upgraded from 1054 to 1056). When I select the diary I receive an error and the diary wasn’t working anymore. I sent the bug-report through the application.
    Luckily I did a backup of the database before I ran the upgrade, so now I am back to 1054 and did a database restore and all works again.
    Please report what could have caused this.

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post. According to the error report the problem seems to be something to do with a recurring appointment in your database but I’m afraid that without seeing it ourselves, it’s not possible to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem and we’ve had no other reports of any problems with 1056.

Please can you upload a backup of your database to our server and we’ll take a look ourselves to see if we can reproduce the problem. Here are some instructions on how to upload it :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-301-how-do-i-upload-my-database-to-your-ftp-server

William
    Keymaster

We have now updated ClinicOffice so that it prevents this error from occurring. Please can you download the update 1056 again and you will notice that the diary no longer throws the error after updating the database. You can download it via this page :-

http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-updates

Please let us know if you are still having problems.

Paul Frishert
    Participant

Installed the new version and the diary is working now, but I have a new problem. When I try to do an Outlook sync, I get a “System.OverflowException” error. This is with the checkbox for ‘cancelled appointments’ checked, but also unchecked.
    In both cases I have sent you the error report.

I will go back to 1054, until this problem is solved.

Support
    Keymaster

The only time we have previously seen “OverFlow” exceptions is when a customer has had a corrupt installation of the .NET Framework. This would also explain the other problems you’re experiencing given that we have 100s of other users happily able to use 1056 (including Outlook Synchronization) without any problem.

The best thing to do at this stage is to re-install the .NET Framework on your computer. 

Many thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.