Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

could you please check whether clinic office automatically logs off a user after a period of inactivity when the program is minimised? It’s just that I run one copy of the server program on my database server computer so that text messages are sent out. Over the last few days I’ve been logging in to the database server to check one or two things and I’ve noticed that I’ve been logged off. I’m away just now so can’t check at the computer itself for anything but I do know that the username of the person last logged on is always me, and no one has my password, so if someone were logging off from the computer then their name would be written on the username for logging in.

William
    Keymaster

Hi Plasticman

ClinicOffice will not automatically log you off unless someone has set up the AUTO-LOGOFF feature. This is available under the View tab | ClinicOffice Settings | Global Settings. You need to make sure that the “Log users off if idle for” is unticked in order to prevent it from logging you off automatically.

Hope this helps.

That option doesn’t seem to be available – I’ve attached a screen dump. Forgive me if I can’t see the option anywhere. I have the server edition, perhaps that’s different?

Hello Plasticman,

Just wondered if you have updated recently? This feature only came out on the 1062 update. Obviously if you haven’t updated, that is the reason why it will not be showing in the global settings.

As this feature has only just recently been introduced into the software and you haven’t yet updated, it doesn’t seem possible that ClinicOffice is automatically logging you off.

If this problem continues, then we would need a backup of your database to investigate further. Please click this link for instructions on how to upload your database to our FTP. –
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-301-how-do-i-upload-my-database-to-your-ftp-server

I hope this post has been useful. Please let us know if you require anything else.

Many thanks! :mrgreen:

thanks – I’ll do this in the next week or so as I’m away from the UK at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.