Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Every time I shut Clinic Office down it asks me if I want to back up, whenever I agree to this it seems to back up somewhere that I can not then open later on, I don’t get a choice of back up location so I don’t get to choose where to back up to. I have also tried to back up on to an external hard drive but it doesn’t seem to do this either, all that gets saved is the shortcut icon.

Support
    Keymaster

Please refer to the Backing up and Restoring your Database section of your User Guide which gives a step-by-step guide on how to backup your database. At the time of writing this is on pages 157-159.

Hi
    I’ve read the manual and tried to follow the instructions however when i back up and then try to re-open the saved file I get a message telling me that windows can not find the programme that created the file???

William
    Keymaster

Hi Helen

The backup file can only be read by ClinicOffice v4, so you need to restore from within ClinicOffice. The user guide explains how restore a database under the same section Backing up and Restoring your Database.

Doing it this way also means that your clinical information is always encrypted. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.