Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I just upgraded from the Professional to the Server Edition and followed all the instructions I was provided. The server computer runs fine on the new database and all the other computers can network, file share, share printers etc. on a cabled gigabit LAN network (not wireless).

However, I ClinicOffice cannot access the server computer from any of the client computers using the COv4 Server Edition. I’ve tried different computer names, tried the ip address, etc. no go!

Any tips? Thanks,

draego

Support
    Keymaster

The Professional Edition uses basic Windows File Sharing which your Windows network will be configured for by default.

The Server Edition works differently though and requires an active connection to the computer the server computer so that it can communicate with the PGSQL database.

PGSQL runs on port 5432.

From your description, it sounds likely that you have a firewall (possibly even the Windows Firewall) on your server which is blocking communication on Port 5432. To test if this is the problem, try disabling the firewall and then see if you can connect – most likely it will work now. Ideally, you should configure your firewall to allow all traffic on port 5432.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.