Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    clinicoffice_user
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed ClinicOffice v4 on my computer (we have the SERVER Edition) but when I run it, it is asking me for an activation key. Please can you help?

Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your post. As you’re using the SERVER Edition of ClinicOffice, the license is held on your SERVER computer, hence there are only two reasons why your computer would be requesting activation :-

[1] Your SERVER computer isn’t licenses – which is unlikely as it’s presumably working fine from other computers?

[2] You have accidentally run the “non-server” edition of ClinicOffice, which is most likely the problem. Please do the following :-

– Click your START button
    – Click “Programs” (or “All Programs”)
    – Locate the “ClinicOffice” group
    – Click the “ClinicOffice v4 Server Edition” shortcut (not the “ClinicOffice v4” shortcut)

You may want to copy the “ClinicOffice v4 Server Edition” to your desktop and remove the standard “ClinicOffice v4” icon.

clinicoffice_user
    Participant

I have carried out your instructions but it is still asking me for an activation key? Please advise. Thanks,
    Helen

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Helen,

Please can you check the following :-

[1] I notice from your records that you purchased ClinicOffice v4. Is it possible that you have accidentally downloaded ClinicOffice v5 onto your computer instead? If so, please uninstall ClinicOffice v5 and go to this page to download and install the correct version :-
    http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-updates

[2] Please can you confirm whether other users are able to logon and use the system correctly? If so, this means that there is nothing wrong with your SERVER license and it must be that you are running the wrong shortcut.

Please see the image below and notice the difference between the NON-SERVER Edition (top) and the SERVER Edition (bottom).

Please can you confirm if you are definitely running the SERVER EDITION?

Support
    Keymaster

[Issue Update]
    We received an email from the customer to say that the above post resolved the issue. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.