Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sfphysio
    Participant

We have set up a PC to connect to the server computer. Everything else on the support PC is running fine (eg. new patient information are synced), however the appointments are not displayed – the diary is empty.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

This can happen for any number of reasons and is usually caused by a misconfigured visual setting, or you have not selected the correct diary view. It is impossible to have the patient data synced without having the appointments in the database. The options on the right hand side of the diary screen allow you to switch between room/staff views and to select which staff to display, so try changing a few of these settings first.

If you still cannot see appointments then if you open a patient record and go to the appointments tab, then right click on one of those and select to “locate in diary”, this will show that the appointments do exist in the database. From there it’s simply a case of finding the setting that is responsible.

If you are on our support plan please feel free to give our helpdesk a call on 01205 205500 (Option 2) and we will be able to connect in and take a look for you.

sfphysio
    Participant

@Josh Barrs wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

This can happen for any number of reasons and is usually caused by a misconfigured visual setting, or you have not selected the correct diary view. It is impossible to have the patient data synced without having the appointments in the database. The options on the right hand side of the diary screen allow you to switch between room/staff views and to select which staff to display, so try changing a few of these settings first.

If you still cannot see appointments then if you open a patient record and go to the appointments tab, then right click on one of those and select to “locate in diary”, this will show that the appointments do exist in the database. From there it’s simply a case of finding the setting that is responsible.

If you are on our support plan please feel free to give our helpdesk a call on 01205 205500 (Option 2) and we will be able to connect in and take a look for you.

Dear Josh Barrs,

Thank you so much for your help. I had a check on the support PC, it appears that no appointments are synced. There are no past appointments for any patients in their records. Finances and item/stock are all synced. Any solutions from there?

Thank you.

Steven

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your post.

>> I had a check on the support PC, it appears that no appointments are synced.
    >> There are no past appointments for any patients in their records. Finances
    >> and item/stock are all synced. Any solutions from there?

Just to clarify – when you say ‘synced’ – what do you mean? Have you configured both computers to share the same physical database as discussed in this FAQ :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-102-how-do-i-share-a-database-on-my-network-cov4?view=all

If so, then there is no synchronization going on, rather both PCs are reading the exact same physical data so there is no reason why one PC would one would show appointments and one wouldn’t, unless you are looking at different diary views (or diary settings) as Josh suggested.

If this is still a problem and you’re certain both PCs are looking at the same database, please can you post screenshots of the diaries from both computers showing that one has appointments and one doesn’t. From the screenshots we may be able to discern what the problem is.

sfphysio
    Participant

Dear,

Thank you for your reply. By not synced, I meant that the support computer is not displaying any appointments from the server computer. However, everything else, such as Patient Data are being synced in their records. Please find the screenshots attached.

Thank you and I look forward to your help.

(Support PC not displaying appt. times)

(server PC is running perfectly fine)

sfphysio
    Participant

Dear,

I had decided to uninstall clinic office and completely reconfigure network sharing.

This time an error prompts each logins. All other computers are running smoothly on the new configured network. In addition, I have done a repair & check on the server computer with no luck(the error prompts if i try to do a repair & check on the support computer). I am still running on the latest version of CO4 Professional. Please find screenshot:

Thank you so much

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for the screenshots. I was hoping to see something obvious, but unfortunately, I’m not able to ascertain the problem from those screenshots. The most likely issue is that the two PCs are looking at different databases. Is it possible somebody did a backup/restore operation mistakenly thinking that would share or “sync” across the computers?

As regards the second error message you have posted, this simply means that the shared folder you are logging on to doesn’t contain a ClinicOffice database. You can check this for yourself by copying/pasting the UNC path (e.g. \SERVERSHARE) into the Windows RUN prompt.

You should be able to see all of the ClinicOffice database files, but evidently from that message the SETTINGS table (which will be the file “setting.edbtbl“) does not exist in the folder that you’re trying to log on to.

Q. So, what’s next?

I’m afraid it’s very difficult for us to know exactly what the problem is without connecting in remotely to your computers to investigate your network configuration and to see how the file sharing is configured and what the problem is. We could probably resolve the issue very quickly that way. Unfortunately, as you have decided not to join our Support Plan, this would require purchasing a Support Instance which is £35. If you’d like to do this, then please give us a call (or use the Online Chat facility on our website) and we’ll be happy to help.

Alternatively if you don’t wish to have any paid support and would like us to continue trying to assist free of charge via this forum, then please post as much information about your network as possible – specifically :-

– The network names of ALL the computers on your network
      – Whether each computer is connected to the same network router and whether they’re wired or wireless
      – The name of the server computer which hosts your database
      – The FOLDER name on the server computer in which the database resides
      – The SHARE name that you’re using on the server for the folder that contains your database
      – The name of the computer(s) which are unable to connect across the network
      – What error (if any) you get from the problematic computer(s) when you copy/paste the UNC path name (e.g. \SERVERSHARE) in to the Windows RUN command from those computers

Kind Regards, Support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.