Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Is it possible to reference custom field data to be displayed in the Appointment Caption by using the Auto Description check box? And if so how does one reference the custom field data by using the advanced option “caption format for staff view” in visual settings under diary options..

Many Thanks
    P

Support
    Keymaster

*** NOTE ***
    This post has now been written up in an FAQ article here :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-303-customising-appointment-captions-in-the-diary

Hi – thanks for your enquiry. Yes it is possible to customise the auto-description, however it requires a fair amount of technical expertise to do this.

Firstly, please follow these instructions :-

• – Go to the diary and click the

DIARY OPTIONS

• button (top right)

• – Click the “Visual Settings” tab

– Notice there are 2 caption formats – one for “staff view”, one for “room view” – these are the boxes you will be editing

For sake of argument, let’s say that we’ve created a custom field in the patient editor called “my_custom_field” which we want to include in the appointment caption.

The default caption format is as follows :-
    {patient} [{type}] in {room}
    This displays the patient’s name, then the type of appointment, then the room e.g.
    Bloggs, Joe [Consultation] in Room 1
    To add our custom field, we need to add the following code to the caption format :-
    {custom_patient_fields!my_custom_field!per_id=@per_id}

Hence the final caption format would be something like :-
    {patient} [{type}] in {room} - {custom_patient_fields!my_custom_field!per_id=@per_id}
    This would result in :-
    Bloggs, Joe [Consultation] in Room 1 - some custom info

Constructing Custom Merge Field Codes
    ‘Merge field’ codes are all enclosed in curly braces i.e. {…} For custom merge field codes, THREE parts are required inside the braces :-
    [1] The database table name
    [2] The field which is displayed
    [3] Mapping information for mapping the information to this appointment

Each of the above is separated by an exclamation mark character i.e. “!”. Let’s look at the earlier example again which was :-
    {custom_patient_fields!my_custom_field!per_id=@per_id}

[1] The database table = “custom_patient_fields”
    [2] The field name = “my_custom_field”
    [3] The “per_id” field in the “custom_patient_fields” table is mapped to @per_id which is the per_id of the appointment

A Note About Performance

Including additional custom fields in the auto-generated captions WILL affect performance because ClinicOffice will have to perform an additional database lookup for every appointment that is displayed in the diary.

If you’re a non-technical, then this is obviously going to be quite difficult to follow so please feel free to post a reply with more information about what you’re trying to achieve and we’ll be happy to help!

Hi,
    Thanks for the great guide, further to above, the data I need displayed is from the appointment screen, and is data from a custom lists. Would I reference the unique name used in database along with custom list name used?

Again Thanks
    P

William
    Keymaster

Thanks for the follow-up question. The format for a custom appointment field would be :-

{custom_app_fields!your_custom_field_name!app_id=@id}

Obviously you would need to replace “your_custom_field_name” with the exact name of the custom field in your database.

Hope this helps!

clinicoffice_user
    Participant

Hi – In the appointments/diary screen, we would also want to view the patient’s contact number.

Is this something we can add in?

Support
    Keymaster

Yes – please use the following code to add the patient’s TELEPHONE number to the caption :-

{per!telephone!id=@per_id}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.