Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stevema
    Participant

Hi My receptionist was on the phone to you Monday about this problem, but have not heard back so I’ll put it here.
    I have main clinic with 20 min sessions and a secondary clinic where one person works 30 min and another 20 min sessions.
    Since the latest update we can only print a diary with time slots of 30 mins. This is causing serious problems as the main 20 min diary is unreadable. We use the diary print out all the time.
    Please update me on how you are doing with resolving this. Thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Hi there – we’ve checked with the developers and no code whatsoever has been changed in the diary printing for several months, plus nobody else has reported any problem, so it’s highly unlikely to be a problem with the latest update.

Have you tried adjusting the time range that you’re printing? The diary component automatically scales the timeslots so that it can fit everything on one page. For example, if you’re printing from 7am – 7pm, try changing the day range to 8am – 6pm (i.e. 2 less hours).

Please also check the paper size and marginal settings on the PRINT PREVIEW screen to make sure you’ve not accidentally increased the margins or reduced the paper size which would have the same effect.

If the above suggestions don’t help, please post a screen-shot of the print preview screen here for us to look at.

stevema
    Participant

We have been printing diary with 20 min timeslots several times a week for years with no problem.
    We have recently added new practitioner with half hour time slots which initially worked ok but now is not working for print outs. The half hour timeslot seems to take precedence. It happened at same time as 1079 install. See attachments
    [attachment=0:g46e2p46]Week diary screenshot.docx[/attachment:g46e2p46]
    [attachment=1:g46e2p46]Diary print preview.pdf[/attachment:g46e2p46]

stevema
    Participant

Ps. Addendum to last message.
    We missed out on a few updates, possibly due to lack of news feed, so we updated from 1076 (I think) to 1079. I don’t know if there was any coding for timeslots in 1077 or 1078?

William
    Keymaster

Hi Stevema.

It does appear there is a genuine problem there. Would it be possible to upload your database to us and we can have a look to see what is happening? To do this please see the following topic:- https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-301-how-do-i-upload-my-database-to-your-ftp-server?view=all

Also please could you let us know the settings you use when you go print preview the diary. Many thanks.

stevema
    Participant

StAsaph Database uploading right now
    Main chiropractor for Chester clinic is Sxxxxxx Mxxxxxxx with 20 min slots
    Additional massage practitioner Mxxx Bxxxxxxxxxx, 30 min slots. As she does not have much work when we book a client in for her we just highlight the timeslot/s press the spacebar and write in name of client.
    Since she has been added I cannot print my diary without defaulting to 30 min slots on print preview
    Settings for print preview
    1 week
    Left to right
    Don’t print weekends
    1 page per week
    Font sizes both 10
    Let me know if you need anything else
    Thanks
    Steve

stevema
    Participant

Hi William, Please will you remove personal details from the above post.
    Thanks
    Steve

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Steve – we’ve managed to reproduce the issue back here. It appears that one of our partner companies fixed some issues with their diary component (an updated version of which was in the latest COv5 release) and this in turn had affected the way the diary week view prints.

We’ve made some modifications and if you re-download and re-install the 1079 update again then it should be ok now :-
    http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-updates

Please let us know how you get on.

stevema
    Participant

I have been on holiday hence the time gap.
    No it is still not working. Whenver I go to print a diary on weekly view it defaults to 30 min time slots.
    I have removed the practitioner from the database who has 30 min slots but this has not helped.
    I originally set up a clinic with 30 minute slots. I cannot delete this clinic from the clinic settings menu because it is “referenced by other records”. Also the clinic setting menu will not allow me to change the default time slot from 30 mins to 20 mins. I wonder if this is affecting the print outs?

This is very frustrating because I rely on weekly print outs for my business.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Steve – we still have a copy of your database, and using your own database we have gone through the exact steps you outlined and it works correctly since installing the latest update.

Are you 100% sure that you re-downloaded and re-installed the latest update again on ALL your computers? If so, please can you post step-by-step instructions on what you’re doing along with a screenshot of the results so that we can compare it to what we have back here – thanks.

stevema
    Participant

HI I redownloded and it is working ok now. I must have forgotten to do it before I went away.
    Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.