Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

meli524
    Participant

I have recently upgraded to professional edition. There are two computers using CO5, one on the Front Desk computer (the new one with just a license, only used when my administrative help is present) and the Server Computer which is the computer I use every day and is the one hosting the database. The Diary view differs in a few ways from Server Computer to the Front Desk computer. I have tried everything (I think) to get the diary view similar to the Server Computer, with no luck.

Question 1: Why is there a difference, is it supposed to be that way and if not, how do I fix it?
    On the Server Computer where I can select from a drop down menu which view I would like to see, I see once selected in the white space: “Day View”, “Week View”, etc.
    In the Front Desk computer I see: “Day”, “Week”, etc. On the Front Desk computer, I also have the latest update installed.

Question 2: How do I get the Front Desk computer to behave the same way as the ‘server computer’ with regards to the diary and the way it is presented?
    On my server computer (logged on as Meliza): Whenever I start up CO5, diary is automatically presented and showing only the current day (day view). This is kind of annoying but I can live with it. When I click on the week number in the small calendar on the right side, it automatically shows me Sunday – Saturday and all the 7 days are placed next to each other, so I see the diary in columns. All of this, while in the white space (top left) where I can see which diary view is selected, it stays on “Day View”. When I click on the next week number it jumps completely to the next week, showing me again Sunday-Saturday. Perfect! I will call this view the “7 day column view”.

On the Front Desk computer (logged in as Front Desk) : Whenever I start up CO5, diary is presented remembering the setting it was on when it was last shut down. This is perfect because it remembers the preferred view. I wish I could get my Server Computer diary to behave the same way but I don’t know how. When I click on the week number in the small calendar on the right side, the diary view changes automatically presenting my diary as follows: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday placed underneath each other and Thursday is next to Monday and Friday next to Tuesday and Saturday and Sunday are next to Wednesday. The appointments are shown as narrow lines underneath each other. Also, the white space where I can see which diary view is selected, changes automatically to “Week”. I will call this view the “7 day horizontal line view”

On the Front Desk computer: I have tried selecting the day where I would like my column view to start until the last day using the control key (Sunday – Saturday), and then I can replicate the way my server computer does this automatically. Good!… But as soon as I click on a different week number on the small calendar on the right side or the arrows top left, it changes back to the “7 day horizontal line view”. The only time it kind of behaves the way I want it to, is by selecting “Work Week” and but I sometimes work weekends and want to be able to see the whole week from Sun-Sat or Mon-Sun.

I have added two pictures which can show what I am trying to explain.

Hopefully you can help me with these questions.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Meli524,

Thanks for your post.

These kind of things can be very tricky to solve without seeing your screen directly. However, as far as I can see, it looks as though you have different diary views selected in those 2 images.

In your diary navigator (Right hand side of the screen) you do have 1 week selected on both occasions. This means the diary will show 1 weeks worth of appointments, however in the image labelled ‘Wrong’ you also have ‘Week View’ selected. (Top of the screen).

In the image labelled ‘Right-One’, you have Day view selected.

So although you are viewing a weeks worth of appointments in both cases, you are doing so in different views. I have re-attached your image showing the view settings to help. I hope this makes sense!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

meli524
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Joshua,

I know that the diary views differs, this is because it happens automatically 🙁 and it seems like I have no control over this.

In my original post I tried to explain as good as possible what happens with the diary view when I do certain actions (see under Question 2). I thought when I upgraded the software it will be exactly the same on my new computer as on the computer it was first installed on. But as I mentioned in Question 1, this is not the case.

The software on the new computer (Front desk) also behaves differently than the Server Computer, as described in Question 2.

What can I do to get some assistance in this matter because it really frustrates the ease of work on a daily basis.

meli524
    Participant

In a last attempt to figure this out, after many days to get this fixed myself, I started up the Front Desk computer 5 minutes ago and started CO5. The last diary view setting was month view so I started with clicking on a random weeknumber in the small calendar on the right side, and it simply worked.

I have the view exactly as I want it and it behaves just like the Server Computer now. I wish I knew why but I am mostly happy it just does it now.

Thank you.

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Meli524,

Glad to hear you managed to get things looking how you wanted. Please let us know if you have any more issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.