Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scaramanga
    Participant

Hi there,
    Looking for a way to have 5 minute appointments but have text reminders set to give clients times at 15 minute intervals.
    If I set the diary for 15 minutes it looks very cramped with 3 appts in there. How can we have a nice expanded 5 minute view but not have people receiving texts with a 9.05 time for example? The reason being that it is easier for people to work to 15 minute time slots when arranging their appts, even if actual contact time is less, and all 3 will rarely turn up at exactly the same time anyway so it is more of a guide – we just see to them as and when they arrive.
    Hope that makes sense..
    Any tips appreciated!
    Thanks

William
    Keymaster

Hi scaramanga

Thanks for the post. I can understand why you would want patients to come for 09:15 or 09:30 rather than an obscure time like 09:05. Unfortunately if the appointments are booked in at 09:05 or 09:10 then the “AppTime” merge field in the text reminder will just simple pull that time in and has no way of rounding itself up to the closest 15 minute interval.

What you could try is to keep the diary in 5 minute intervals but to instead create the appointments for 15 minutes and have 3 appointments all booked into the same 15 minute period. By keeping the diary at 5 minute intervals, it is still easy to read the appointment descriptions and the appointment reminder will say 09:00. The diary will still indicate you are taking 3 different people within a 15 minute period. Granted the appointment is not 15 minutes but you know this and the patient will make no difference from the patient’s perspective.

The example screenshot below is what I had in mind.

[attachment=0:374k3312]three_appointments_stacked.png[/attachment:374k3312]
    Hope this is of some help.

scaramanga
    Participant

Hi William,

That looks like it could work well for what I had in mind. Just a case of getting used to thinking horizontally as well as vertically! 😀

Thanks very much.

William
    Keymaster

Glad that was of some assistance 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.