Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If you have the Clinical Forms module, you can design your own forms and also create custom fields within ClinicOffice. This allows you to customise certain editors such as the Patient Editor.

To do this :-

– Open up the editor/record (Patient/Staff/Contact etc)
    – At the top above Save & Close, click DESIGN
    – Now click ENTER DESIGN MODE
    – You will see a button called ADD FIELD
    – Select the field you want to use (see page 140 of your userguide for description of different fields.)
    – Drag and drop it over to the editor where you want it
    – When you’re done click SAVE DESIGN at the top
    – Then when you have saved your work LEAVE DESIGN MODE

If you still have the Sample Database to hand, you can always practice on there first!

Please feel free to reply to this topic if you have any follow up questions – many thanks!

Hi, Mat

We would like to change the format of CODE in patients details. We would like to make it 00001 and let it increase the number. Is that possible?

Thank you for your support!

Japan Clinic
    Kazumi

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Kazumi,

Thanks for your post.

I’m afraid I’m not too sure what you mean by ‘changing the format’ of CODE.

The ‘CODE’ field in the patient record screen is already configured to automatically count upwards as you add new patient records to your database. The field simply works by looking for the highest patient code value in the database, and then adds 1 to it.

(1, 2, 3, 4… OR 6547, 6548, 6549 etc…)

Do you mean you want 4 zeros to appear before the figure? (00001, 00002, 00003…) If so then unfortunately this is not possible as the field is numeric. Even programs like Microsoft’s Excel do not allow this and would shorten 00001 to 1.

Hi, Josh

Thank you for your input!

Since I posted my question, we moved our clinic to another location where security is very tight. So until now we are unable to connect to Clinic Office. My excuse for late input.

I understood that the field is numeric and not changeable. We will use this number as unique patient ID then.
    Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Kazumi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.