Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    roelofwielinga
    Participant

Will only the database be located at your server, or the whole program in a windows environment – like a hosted desktop?

Support
    Keymaster

We use Microsoft’s RemoteApp technology (available in Windows Server 2008) to deliver ClinicOffice to your desktop (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services#RemoteApp).

This means that both the application and the database are hosted on our servers. Please see the last page of our pricing document for more information :-
    http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/files/COv4_Price_List.pdf

roelofwielinga
    Participant

That’s the white document with some green ‘ticks’, some squares and no text (MAC).

IE: YES!! So hosted edition: ClinicOffice is accessible from any computer which has an internet connection. We recommend a Windows PC but you could also use an Apple Mac or Linux computer. Would a mobile phone be possible? Or an Ipad? Or a WEpad?

Support
    Keymaster

>> That’s the white document with some green ‘ticks’, some squares and no text.

Sorry – I don’t understand what you mean. The link is to a PDF document. Page 5 (the last page) details the differences between “Purchasing” ClinicOffice and “Subscribing” to the Hosted Edition and it details the pros and cons of each option.

If you’re having difficulty viewing the document, please make sure you have an up-to-date PDF Reader installed on your computer. FOXIT is an excellent free PDF Reader and is available from here :-
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/addons.php

You might also want try right-clicking the link and selecting SAVE AS to save the document on your computer.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

You are quicker than me 🙂

I edited my previous post: MAC refuses to show the text… IE: YES!!

So hosted edition: ClinicOffice is accessible from any computer which has an internet connection. We recommend a Windows PC but you could also use an Apple Mac or Linux computer.

Would a mobile phone be possible? Or an Ipad? Or a WEpad? Can I testdrive the system?

Support
    Keymaster

>> Would a mobile phone be possible? Or an Ipad?
    >> Or a WEpad? Can I testdrive the system?

Any device that is capable of running Windows Remote Desktop can use the Hosted Edition. However, please note that the minimum recommended screen resolution for ClinicOffice is 1024×768.

Even though it will work on a device with a smaller screen size (e.g. an iPad) this is not recommended as you don’t get a very good user experience.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Is it possible to testdrive the installation on your server?

Support
    Keymaster

Yes – please contact our sales team by emailing sales@pioneersoftware.co.uk or phoning our office. Thanks!

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Thanks I will do that soon.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Is there NO way to make the email module work in the hosted ed?

*UPDATE* – The Email manager module is now available on the Hosted edition.

Support
    Keymaster

It could be made to work, but will never be able to act as a default mail client as it runs on a remote computer, hence we decided to leave it out of the Hosted Edition.

*UPDATE* – The Email manager module is now available on the Hosted edition.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Could you give an example why it couldn’t act as a default email program, since it runs on a remote computer?

How will I be able to print my invoices and letters on my local printer?

Support
    Keymaster

>> [1] Could you give an example why it couldn’t act as a default email program,
    >> since it runs on a remote computer?

When you click a “mailto:” link on your computer, your local Windows installation looks for the default email client installed on YOUR computer. It can’t use an email program which is running on a completely different computer. It’s simply not possible.

>> [2] How will I be able to print my invoices and letters on my local printer?
    When you connect to a Terminal Services (TS) session (which is basically what our “RemoteApp” version of ClinicOffice uses) your computer shares your printers with the remote program (ClinicOffice), hence ClinicOffice can print to your local printer even though it’s running on a remote PC.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

But then my default email program should be running op your server right?

Support
    Keymaster

>> But then my default email program should be running on your server right?
    No. It’s not possible to tell your local installation of Windows “my default email program is running on a different computer, so when I launch a ‘mailto:’ link, you need to establish a connection to a remote computer and then open the email on there”.

Please take our word for it Roelof – it’s simply not possible!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.