Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roelofwielinga
    Participant

Hi all!
    I am a little bit ahead of what I would like to achieve, but why not ask already right? :mrgreen:
    My idea is to have a possibility for my clients to fill-in the intake-form online. I actually have set it up already on my site: http://www.osteopraktijk.nl/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&Itemid=86
    Now it exports the results in my email as an attachment (pdf – but csv etc. is also possible).

And here the big question: how difficult is it to make a script, so that the attachment is being imported right away, a new patient is being created, and eventually the appointment is being put in the calendar?

Or… do I have to wait for the online version of CO?

Support
    Keymaster

>> And here the big question: how difficult is it to make a script
    The answer is that it would be incredibly difficult. Scripting primarily allows you to modify the behaviour of ClinicOffice by triggering scripts which are event-based. What you’re talking about is a bespoke import routine which is completely different and would be best handled by custom development.

>> Or… do I have to wait for the online version of CO?
    It would probably be better to do so to be honest. Once we get the next update released we’ll be moving ahead with development on the Online Diary. 

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Thanks for that answer.

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Although I have no programming experience, I would like to share my thoughts again on this subject:

I have seen the possibility of importing data in CO. Maybe the whole thing could run via email (instead of giving direct access to the database).

Patient fills in form on internet (or via email) – emails this to CO – CO imports this into the database – done.

Or am I showing my incapability here? :mrgreen:

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Roelof – thanks for your comments, however you quite rightly prefixed your comments with the honest admission that you “have no programming experience”. What you’re suggesting is both highly bespoke and highly complex.

Whilst it could be done, the question is whether or not it’s a financially (and technically) viable endeavour for us to undertake this kind of development. We currently have 100s of requests on our wish-list system which we’re working through and an incredibly difficult technical feature like this which is bespoke to only a few customers is not something that we can justify – especially when the continual evolution of the Online Module will eventually cater for data input via a web-browser.

I hope this makes sense!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.