Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

clinicoffice_user
    Participant

After a windows update earlier this week when I tried to launch my Clinic Office on a Windows 10 system I got an error message saying my installation was corrupt and invalid for this machine. Also that I need to reinstall.

I am concerned if I do this that my license won’t work. Can someone please advise how to fix this problem and if it is a known problem since the recent Windows Update? I can’t see anything in the FAQs.

Thanks

Liz

William
    Keymaster

Hi Liz

Sorry to hear about this issue you have had. This tends to happen when the “ClinicOffice Database Service.exe” has been removed from the main installation folder. Nine times out of ten we have found this to be caused by an anti-virus program falsly detecting this executable as being malicious and so quarantines or deletes it. In the security world, it is known as a false-positive, as it has been detected wrongly.

The first step is to reinstall the program. This will not effect your license unless the Windows update has updated part of your network card and hence may change the Computer ID generated from your machine. The first link below will allow you to download and reinstall ClinicOffice and the second is on how to reset your license.

Download ClinicOffice v5: http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/files/cov5/cov5_setup.exe
    Reset ClinicOffice License: https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-204-clinicoffice-lost-its-license-and-needs-activating?view=all

If the anti-virus program is quarantining “ClinicOffice Database Service.exe” then it will do it again. In this instance you will need to go into your anti-virus program and remove this executable from the quarantine area and then add it the white list. The default location for this is “C:Program Files (x86)Pioneer SoftwareClinicOffice v5ClinicOffice Database Service.exe”. This way it will no longer detect it falsely.

If the anti-virus program has deleted it, the next step is to temporarily disable the active/live scanning (sometimes called a resident shield). After this, reinstall ClinicOffice and run ClinicOffice so that the database engine can start up. After ClinicOffice is up and running, add the “ClinicOffice Database Service.exe” to the white list of the anti-virus program, you may need to start the program’s live scan up again to do this.

Please make sure that your anti-virus is up and running again after you have finished this.

clinicoffice_user
    Participant

Hi William,

Thanks very much for this detailed explanation of how to fix the problem. I was rather dreading needing to go through all those steps but in the even it was just a simple re-install that fixed the problem and I didn’t even need to reset my licence 😀

Thanks again

Liz

William
    Keymaster

Hi Liz

Thanks for letting us know. I am glad to hear that it is sorted and that it was a simple re-install.

Kind Regards

William

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.