Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Frishert
    Participant

A new year has started, so I want to start a new numbering for the invoices and the payments. I have tried giving the first invoice the new number (20100001), hoping the next would be 20100002, but it didn’t. 😕
    How can I change this?

Support
    Keymaster

I have just tested this myself and it works perfectly on my computer.

Do you have multiple clinics? If so, the invoice numbering may be set to be different for each clinic.

Click VIEW | CLINICOFFICE SETTINGS, then click DATABASE SETTINGS. Look for the option “When Assigning Patient Codes”.

“Allocate unique numbers per clinic” setting means that numbering will be done ‘by clinic’ and duplicate numbering will occur.
    “Allocate globally unique numbers” setting means that numbering will be unique across all clinics.

Please make sure this is set correctly.

Paul Frishert
    Participant

I have tried both settings but this doesnt change the invoice number at all. Some time ago, I changed an invoice number, and since that time the numbering is in that format. Is it possible that you can do this only once? BTW, I also tried giving a new First Financial Code on the Clinic Settings tab, but this doesn’t work either.

Support
    Keymaster

The way ClinicOffice works with invoice numbering, is that it simply takes the previous HIGHEST invoice number and then adds +1 to it. Please can you check : what is the largest invoice number in your database and what number is ClinicOffice generating for a new invoice?

If you still can’t get this to work, please send us your database (click here for details) and we’ll have a look for you.

Paul Frishert
    Participant

Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for!!
    The earlier numbering was in this format: 2009110006. I now wanted to start the numbering 20100001. 2009110006 is higher than 20100001, so I have to find a format that is higher than 2009110006.
    ==========================
    I didn’t have a lot of invoices in 2009, so I changed all these numbers, so I was able ti use the numbering 20100001.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.