Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is there a way of defining a custom field that works like the Mobile and Email fields, with the special icons for sending an SMS and email?

I’m customising the Contacts form to add personal and work fields for mobile+email, and it would be great if the send SMS/email features worked on these fields.

Also, a response to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=598 (ordering of windows) would be good, if only to say you’re aware of it – I’m sure this isn’t easy to solve but it’s still happening to the users and is somewhat confusing.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – there are currently 3 telephone fields per person :-

– telephone
      – worktel
      – mobile

These are system level fields. You could add additional CUSTOM TEXT fields to use as additional phone numbers, but as they would be CUSTOM fields rather than SYSTEM fields, there’s no way for ClinicOffice to be able to recognize them as telephone fields without making bespoke changes to the software.

If this is a necessary requirement for you, then please send an email to our development team (dev@pioneersoftware.co.uk) giving as much detail as possible about your requirements, and we’ll be able to provide a quote to undertake this work for you.

I’m currently handling these as custom text fields, which is good enough for now – for this use of ClinicOffice, we need 2 work numbers (switchboard and direct line), 2 mobiles (personal and mobile) and 1 home number.

Maybe you could consider this as a feature request, i.e. provide for custom fields that use the built-in mobile phone and email datatypes?

Support
    Keymaster

I’ve added it to the wishlist, however please note that it’s a lot of work for what amounts to a bespoke request for one customer, so it’s unlikely to be implemented unless other users request it too. If this is a requirement, please let us know and we can provide a quote for the work involved.

Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.