Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I like this programme but going thru all the due dilligence…we have some questions…

1. Apart from Booking people into the same time slot and telling it to ignore clashes, is there a group booking setting? That is, setting aside diary times as classes, setting the max number of people in the class and then having them there in the diary?

2. I accidently deleted an appointment and forgot who it was and where they were. Is there an “undo” button for dolts like me?

3. The diary contains lots of useful information…but how can i ensure that my reception staff have billed everyone for the day? Is there a flag or report to show people in the diary who haven’t been invoiced?

4. We have patients who pay by split payment…e.g. $50 consult – $25 cash and $25 by their insurance company. Is there a way to have multiple payment types on the one screen. It would make life a lot easier…

5. I have 2 physios and a receptionist who will be accessing the files the most. We also have part time pilates classes and a massage therapist and even a naturopath sometimes. So theoretically there would be 5 people on at the same time sometimes but for most of the time, it would only be 3 people (2 physios and 1 receptionist). Is the server edition better still or can i get away with 5-6 licences on the pro edition?

6. Sometimes we have to collect tax. This can be seen in the invoices reports but not in the receipts reports. Is this easily changed?

7. At present, tax is calculated on the excluding-tax value…e.g. $15 with 10% tax = $16.50. Is there a “tax inclusive” check box that can be done so the price entered includes tax? This is helpful for funny amounts like $41 for a massage which has 10% tax included…

That’s it for now. I have been playing with the email feature which seems pretty good…lots of people have iPhones etc so it is almost as good as an SMS!

Cheers

Hi some other questions…

8. When i enter phone numbers, because i am in Australia, the international code is +61. I note that this can be set up…but in Australia, if i am in the same state as my patients, i just dial the number 12345678. If i am in a different state, i have to dial the state code (e.g. 02) so it would 02 12345678 but if i dial internationally, i have to dial +61 2 12345678…that is, i have to drop the “0”. The question is, which format do i put on here because i will want to send faxes and SMS’s to my patients and other contacts (Drs, insurance etc).

9. I run 1-to-4 Pilates classes. Is there a way my instructors can have 4 records open at the same time to enter notes as they go in the class?

10. Can the Email templates send small pictures, especially if they are set up in a template?

11. Can a visual note be included with the session notes for EVERY session note…e.g. bodychart each time then SOAP? At present, you have to manually do all that and on different screens.

12. If i buy the clinical forms module, can i make my own initial assessment and subsequent assessment sheets up including a body chart that can be freehand/text/etc on as well as text, tick boxes etc on the one sheet?

13. Can delete the previous word as it does in Microsoft Word? At present, it puts a “square” character in…

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your interest in ClinicOffice, I can see clearly that you have been testing it very thoroughly! Please see below for the answers to your questions.

1. Classes are an add-on that we have on our to-do list for the future. We are currently working on a web based version of ClinicOffice and once that is complete we will have more time available to work on these smaller extra modules. The cost of the modules is £95+vat.

2. There is no Undo option when you delete a record, although we are about to make some changes that will mean a pop-up arises asking if you are certain you want to delete an appointment, or would you rather just cancel it (which is preferred as a cancelled appointment is only hidden and not deleted).

3. The fastest way to do this is to look down the diary and see if each appointment has £ icon on it. A green £ indicates invoiced and paid, red = invoiced but not paid, orange = invoiced and part paid.

4. In this scenario you would create two separate invoices, one for the patient and the other for the insurance company because the charge is being split between two accounts. You can create invoices (and enter payments) quickly via the Quick Transaction feature.

5. For 5 computers or more we would always recommend using the Server Edition, although the Professional Edition would also work (using Windows File Sharing), the Server Edition which runs a PGSQL database engine would perform much better.

6. Once again yes this can be done, it may be a custom receipt report that we may have to charge a small fee for but it can definitely be done.

7. Please follow these steps to do this :-
    a) Open Item Editor
    b) Fill out the basic description
    c) In the Sales amount field, click the down arrow and enter the sale amount divided by (1 + the tax amount as a fraction
    e.g. in the example you mentioned $41 less 10% would be 41 / 1.10. The correct fractional amount will then be stored in the database
    d) In the tax amount enter 10%
    e) Save the record

8. For the faxing, this would depend completely on your printer/fax driver. As regards the SMS facility, you may need to contact the TextAnywhere company to see what the costs would be for texting Australia. They’re a UK based company so you would be effectively sending an international SMS each time. If you were to use this feature then you would need to input the full international code into each mobile telephone field so that the system knows how to direct the SMS.

9. No, the software has been designed in this way so that you do not end up losing multiple patient/staff/appointment etc records behind the main window, each record has to be opened separately.

10. Not yet. We are looking into the ability to send RTF quality emails that will allow some more useful features such as Newsletters etc.

11 & 12. We are currently looking at improving this side of the software and are open to suggestions as to how to do this.

13. Actually, this appears to be a bug in the Microsoft .NET Framework (which COv4 uses). All .NET applications have the same issue. Unfortunately we’re at the mercy of Microsoft to fix this one!

I hope this helps to answer your questions. Many thanks!

hi – sent a PM to you dan…not sure if you got it. Cheers

Sorry – I didn’t receive anything and there’s nothing in my private message Inbox.

It’s probably much better to email us please, as our incoming emails are monitored regularly whereas PMs on the forum aren’t. Please see this page for our email details.

Hi

Thanks for your interest in ClinicOffice, I can see clearly that you have been testing it very thoroughly! Please see below for the answers to your questions.

Thanks – it is one of the best we have come across so we are really going to town on it…

1. Classes are an addon that we have on our todo list for the future. We are currently working on a web based version of ClinicOffice and once that is complete we will have more time available to work on these smaller extra modules. The cost of the modules is £95+vat.

Fair enough. Will the webbased clinicoffice allow remote access of my records if i kept the info on a NAS that allowed internet access?

2. There is no Undo option when you delete a record, although we are about to make some changes that will mean a popup arrises asking if you are certain you want to undo or do you just want to cancel (will remove it from the screen).

Thanks – i will make sure we are more careful in the future!

3. The fastest way to do this is to look down the diary and see if each appointment has £-sign on it. Alternatively for a small fee we could create a report for you to show this.

Can produce this report myself? I appreciate you offer this service (and if i owned a software business i would market it too!) but my SIL can program in Access SQL and other database languages. Or can i just build one from the reports designer?

4. In this scenario the software would need to seperate invoices, half for the patient and half for the insurance company, there is currently no other way inputting payments from sources who do not have a phisical invoice.

Um, i am not sure i made that example clear…how about the patient could pay $20 cash because that was all the cash he had in his wallet and then could pay the rest on his eftpos. Is there are a way of recording the total amount as $50 but having 2 (to even 4) different payment methods? To my mind, it would be extra fields (“payment_method_1, Payment_1_Amount, etc) but as far as the database is concerned, one figure applies. You could then use an end of day report to tease out how much money came in and how…for a small fee no doubt 😆

5. For 5 computers or more we would always reccomend using the Server Edition, although the proffesional would work ok (uses windows file sharing), the Server Edition runs a PGSQL database engine that has virtually no limitations on database size!

In terms of limitations in size, we have approximately 200+ transactions per week. That is theoretically about 9000-10000 per year. How many records could the pro handle and how many could the server handle in a workable, practical manner?

6. Once again yes this can be done, it may be a bespoke reciept report that we may have to charge a small fee for but it can be done.

Fair enough…could i make the report?

7. Please follow these steps to do this correctly
    a) Open Item editor
    b) Fill out the basic description
    c) In the Sales amount field, click the down arrow and enter the total sales amount divided by 1.(tax amount) so in your case it would be 41/1.1 this would then tell the system the correct amount.
    d) In the tax amount enter the 10%.
    e) Now ClinicOffice will calculate the figures correctly for you.

Cumbersome but thanks…MYOB has a “tax inclusive” box that automatically takes any amounts on screen at the time and automatically converts it…but as with all things, you gain here and lose there… 🙁

8. Fof the faxing, this would depend completely on your printer/fax driver. As regards the sms facility i would suggest you called the textanywhere people to see what the costs would be as you would be sending an international sms each time!If you were to use this you would need to input the full international code into each field so that the system knows how to direct the sms.

Thanks. I was wondering if setting up the country code i was in would automatically prefix the numbers i apply. It is a pain to enter “+61 2” for every number. Is a module possible that allows international users – or even just aussies! – to enter their phone numbers in the normal way having set a country code (+61), having a default state code (2 in my case) but able to recognise that if the phone number started with a 0, then it would automatically clip the 0 when faxing or SMSing?

To me that should be possible in simple programming subroutines but i am not sure how it would go in your system…i am thinking it is a subroutine check when faxing or SMSing before sending the info onto the fax or SMS service…

…TextAnywhere have gotten back to me and have confirmed that the prices are exactly the same i.e. all in GBP and my CC would do the currency conversion. At current exchange prices, the prices are actually competitive with the locals. However, my local internet provider provides SMS at 5c per 160char so i currently pay about half price. Is it possible to have their system work with yours? http://www.exetel.com.au

9. No, the software has been designed in this way so that you do not end up losing multiple patient/staff/appointment etc records behind the main window, each record has to be opened at different times.

Could the system cope with having 4 open in the upcoming “class” module? ideally you would open up the files for the class and be able to have all 4 arranged with a 1/4 of the screen each so the instructor can enter their notes as the class is going…of course other classes have 8-20 in them so i don’t know what you are going to do there…

10. Not yet. We are looking into the ability to send rtf quality emails that will allow some more useful features.

We send emails with photos of the exercises attached so having them embedded in the email would be appreciated.

Also, attaching documents like a newsletter or something to an email would also be nice.

I was wondering if you could use the system like Windows does when you click on “send to recipient” it opens up your default email provider with the file attached etc…would that work? Then you wouldn’t have to programme your system but then the emails may not get sent out in a bulk fashion…hmmm things to think about!

11,12. We are currently looking at improving this side of the software and are open to suggestions as to how to do this although i cannot guarantee all will be implimented!

I guess all i want is the body chart or other visual note to be able to be included in the design of a form. At present, you can’t have an image or anything in there…which is fair enough – it might be hard programming wise…but it would be nice…

13. Thanks for pointing this out I have places a bug report about it and will forward it to the developers.

Thanks – happy to help.

New questions!!!!

14. Can i get remote access on the pro or server versions on a laptop via the internet?

15. Are there any cancellation and DNA reports selectable by dates?

16. In the “Patient List” Report or Appointment List report, is there a field to toggle for flags and also a field for phone numbers? The idea is to flag patients who want 1. SMS reminders, 2. Email reminders and 3. Phone call reminders. I can run a contact report and do SMS and Emails easily enough but some want a phone call…a list of patients who have an appointment today and their phone numbers would be valuable…

17. I understand that the Server edition simply has a number of people concurrently on the system – so theoretically i could have 20 computers all with the software but only 5 (because i only bought 5 lic) can use it at the same time…My question is…if i have to reload everything on the server, will that license still work? Also, on the pro edition, can i change computers and still keep the 5 lic in play? i used to run into trouble with MS Office because i would keep changing computers and having to reregister the software on the new computers etc…they didn’t like it.

18. What is a ‘recall’ – is it a contact reminder like…”i’ll give you a call in 4 weeks to see how you are going?” or is it booking in advance etc?

19. Can there be a preferred phone number field (drop down list from the patient record) in the appointments? This is quite handy to just scroll down and call people

20. Can your emails send and track read receipts? Even just send them and have the reply sent to the main email address?

I think that is it at the moment…Thanks!

William
    Keymaster

Will the web based ClinicOffice allow remote access of my records if i kept the info on a NAS that allowed internet access?

It will need to be a hosted service for remote web access but we haven’t finalised the details yet.

Can produce this report myself?

If you have a very good knowledge of SQL then perhaps but it would be far easier for our developers to do it.

Is there are a way of recording the total amount as $50 but having 2 (to even 4) different payment methods?

Each one would need to be different payments, one for cash, one for cheque, one for card etc..

How many records could the pro handle and how many could the server handle in a workable, practical manner?

For the number of records you are talking about we would recommended the server edition which can handle millions of records effortlessly.

Fair enough…could i make the report?

Again if you have a very good knowledge of SQL then perhaps but it would be far easier for our developer to do it.

Is a module possible that allows international users – or even just aussies! to enter their phone numbers in the normal way having set a country code (+61), having a default state code (2 in my case) but able to recognise that if the phone number started with a 0, then it would automatically clip the 0 when faxing or SMSing?

We will look into that as a possibility.

Is it possible to have their system work with yours? http://www.exetel.com.au

The amount of work involved in designing, developing and testing integration with other services is massively expensive. So it is not viable unless you wanted to pay the developing costs which will run into thousands of pounds.

Could the system cope with having 4 open in the upcoming “class” module?

No this is a deliberate design in the program and it will not change.

other classes have 8-20 in them so i don’t know what you are going to do there…

The design for this module has not been finalised

I was wondering if you could use the system like Windows does when you click on “send to recipient” it opens up your default email provider

Simply double click on any email address then ClinicOffice will open up the default email provider.

14.Can i get remote access on the pro or server versions on a laptop via the internet?

Yes via remote desktop using Terminal Services

15. Are there any cancellation and DNA reports selectable by dates?

See the appointment list report and enter the relevant search criteria

16. In the “Patient List” Report or Appointment List report, is there a field to toggle for flags and also a field for phone numbers?

There is a flag search option if you go to the patient database or go to the diary and click the Switch to Grid View. Click to open the drop down menu on the search and select Flag Search.

17.if i have to reload everything on the server, will that license still work?

Sorry i am not too sure what you mean. If you wipe your server computer then you will have to re-license our software as no trace would be left.

17.Also, on the pro edition, can i change computers and still keep the 5 lic in play?

Licenses can be transferred but this would require us to give you new activation codes and for you to give us the deactivation codes each time you wish to change the computers. This is not ideal if you wish to do it on a regular basis, so the server edition would be preferable in this case.

18. What is a ‘recall’ – is it a contact reminder like…”i’ll give you a call in 4 weeks to see how you are going?” or is it booking in advance etc?

It can be used as either.

19. Can there be a preferred phone number field (drop down list from the patient record) in the appointments? This is quite handy to just scroll down and call people

Just enter the word ‘(preferred)’ after which ever number is the best one

20. Can your emails send and track read receipts? Even just send them and have the reply sent to the main email address?

No this is not possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

Emails:
    The email thing was tricky…when you double-click on the email address, it goes to outlook but on the envelope, it goes to your email prog…

On a related topic, if i go to the outlook side of things to send a pic/doc/etc, how do i pull it off the database? I understand how if i used a shortcut to point at a file…just attach the file from where it is at but what about if it is saved in the database?

Appointments:
    1. I found an option in Diary Options which shows up Flag icons on the diary list so that’s what i really wanted.
    2. I was asking in point 19 about whether a field in the appointment was possible to store the phone number…i guess i could just add it in the notes section but something that would show up on a report (like a phone number field) would be nice…

Reports:
    1. Found the ones for DNA and Cancellations. Thanks for that
    2. The phone number toggle i was talking about (point 16) was so i could search the appointment list by flag (one i would make called (“phone reminder”) which would bring up a list of patients with their appointment time and phone numbers – i suppose i just wanted to be able to produce a report with the variables on it.
    3. I notice some reports have different selectable fields…would it be easy to just list all the fields so we could produce the reports we wanted with the fields we wanted? [-o< :wink:Server:
    1. we regularly change our computers. If we did change our server or something happened to it (stolen, electrical malfunction etc) how does the licensing situation work?

From what i gather, the software holds the number of simultaneous users on the server edition and thus i can install software on all computers so long as there are only the # allowed on at the same time…

2. Is WAN possible with COv4? Sometimes my wife needs access while we are all working so remote access via terminal services isn’t always possible…the other problem may also be that our home/office IP address is dynamic…

Other questions:
    1. If i configured the case record to record summary data like area of complaint, diagnosis, response to initial treatment and treatment plan, would i then be able to produce a letter template and do a daily mail merge to send to GPs and specialists? i am guessing i can but can this be done by me or would you have to do a special report?

2. If i do manage to get that done, is a copy of the letter saved in their clinical records or patient record under documents?

3. Form letters thanking patients for referring based on the patient record field – i am guessing this can be done too.

4. Lastly (for now) – is there anything in this trial version that doesn’t come included? e.g.
    a. visual notes
    b. clinical notes
    c. outlook synchronisation – couldn’t find this but would like it
    d. stock manager – is the one in here the default one and the module can do more?

Thank you for your help thus far. We are still putting it thru all the different things we do here at the clinic. Been comparing it to the following programmes…
    1. PPMP
    2. NetPhysio
    3. TM2
    4. Frontdesk
    5. eNoteFile – actually, this software is notes only – based on compressed pics etc. Would be interesting if this could be integrated somehow into your notes…hmmm… dreams…. :-” Try the software, it is free to use in a single application

Cheers

Support
    Keymaster

>> if i go to the outlook side of things to send a pic/doc/etc, how do i pull it off the database
    You’ll have to extract it before attaching it, although if it’s a patient portrait image I think you can right click and COPY/PASTE.

>> I notice some reports have different selectable fields…would it be easy to
    >> just list all the fields so we could produce the reports we wanted with the
    >> fields we wanted?

Most reports do list a lot of fields and you can easily remove them by dragging the column headers off the report and then saving a new layout. You can’t just list ‘all the fields’ on a single report because fields belong to different data-entities (patients/contacts/payments/appts/invoices etc.). If you purchase the COv4 Server Edition, then I’m sure we could offer to make a couple of custom reports for you if you provide us with all the details.

>> If we did change our server or something happened to it (stolen, electrical malfunction etc) how does the licensing situation work?
    We give you a new license for the new server.

>> the software holds the number of simultaneous users on the server edition and thus i can install software on all computers so long as there are only the # allowed on at the same time…
    Correct.

>> Is WAN possible with COv4
    Yes it is, although Terminal Services with simultaneous users is also possible.

>> i am guessing i can but can this be done by me or would you have to do a special report?
    If you’re adding custom fields and want a custom report, then it’s usually a collaborative effort. If you mock-up the report for us in MS Word (for example) then we can use that to create the report for you. Better still, you could design the report yourself using the Report Designer in COv4 and then our development staff will work out the SQL code for it. If you join the ClinicOffice Support Plan and if there’s only a small amount of work involved on our part, then very often we can do a custom report without charge.

>> is a copy of the letter saved in their clinical records or patient record under documents?
    Letters are saved under Patient Documents, Clinical Forms are attached in their Clinical Notes.

>> Form letters thanking patients for referring based on the patient record field
    Yes

>> is there anything in this trial version that doesn’t come included?
    The trial version has all the modules for you to try out for yourself and they are available to purchase as optional extras which provide additional functionality to ClinicOffice. An explanation as to the range of modules available can be found here: http://pioneersoftware.co.uk/co-how-to-buy

Kind Regards,

THanks for all the replies.

Just one clarification…

The trial version – is it how it is without modules?

That is, what i see now is essentially the server edition.

If it is, then is there much difference with visual notes module, clinical notes module and stock control module?

I am guessing that the documents and scanning is pretty self explanatory as is outlook sync…

Thanks

Support
    Keymaster

Yes the TRIAL Edition is the same as the full edition with all the modules.

Hi…some more things…

1. Couldn’t raise a purchase order, sync with outlook but i could add a visual note and clinical form in trial version…just to let you know… thanks 🙂

2. Is there any way to customise what comes up in the Patient Info tab that is on the bottom left of screen? It is a very useful screen.

Things i would like in it are Flags, email address and maybe a custom field called “Health Fund” which would be in their patient file.

3. When appointment statuses change etc – you can alert the practitioner via a message – how is this done as sometimes it can take some time to come thru – i understand that you can ask it to check for messages but i was wondering if it is done each minute or whatever.

4. Does putting ‘s in a phone number affect SMSing from the mobile number field? the space is useful for reading but i am wondering if it affects textanywhere

5. I understand that to have 2 separate payment methods – e.g. health fund payment plus the ‘gap’ in cash – requires me to enter the info in quick transaction and then enter the 2nd payment manually…

…however, is a possible customisation (or even wish-list item) to have in the quick transaction screen a second payment screen that would automatically create the second payment method and allocate to the same invoice.

e.g.
    – $60 invoice raised for transaction
    – $30 paid by the health fund (the patient can swipe their health fund card at our clinic and the money is directly deposited into our account) – the patient has to pay the “gap” at the same time…
    – $30 cash paid by the patient at the same time.

To me, the quick transaction screen would look the same except there would be a second “payment method”, “reference (optional)” and “payment amount”. This could automatically create 2 payment reference numbers, allocate to the 1 INV # and still print a receipt, change appointment status and quick print if required…

…this would be VERY useful to aussie physios who take part payments ALL the time – i would say 95% of my transactions would be part-payments between 2 methods but paying in full at the time of consultation.

Your opinion this would be much appreciated.

Support
    Keymaster

>> Is there any way to customise what comes up in the Patient
    >> Info tab that is on the bottom left of screen?

Currently that screen can be customised but requires source code changes which makes it a chargeable customisation. We’ll probably make it user-customisable at some point in the future. Please let us know if you would like a quote.

>> When appointment statuses change etc – you can alert the practitioner via a
    >> message how is this done as sometimes it can take some time to come thru

Each client computer checks every 60 seconds for messages.

>> Does putting ‘s in a phone number affect SMSing from the mobile number field?
    Spaces are fine.

>> have in the quick transaction screen a second payment screen
    >> that would automatically create the second payment method

This is already on the wish list and will be implemented in due course.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

Cheers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.