Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Is there any way CO can notify if an appointment has already been booked? As in recall already booked?
    Thanks

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Hi great question. I ran into this similar problem. Somehow I would like to exclude the recalls that have already booked an appt. This way I am not sending these clients useless information by email.

Exactly what I’m trying to avoid too. I just can’t find a way to do it! 🙄

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

Is this to notify that the patient has already got an appointment with you?

If you could explain further as to what you need, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Matt,
    Yes, in the way you go to recall a patient on the system and it notifies you that they already have a recall set. I would like to get a notification when booking an appointment that the patient already has an appointment booked.
    Does that make sense?

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Imagine this: I have set a recall-reminder for a client in three months from now. [Like:’Please note that the last appointment was 3 months ago. You are welcome to connect to my clinic for a new consultation].

Now, imagine this client has booked an appointment 2 weeks before this recall-reminder.

Instead of recalling this patient, I would prefer not to take any action.

I think I understand.

So if you click on one of the patients appointments and then click PATIENT INFO (near the refresh button on the diary), this will show the most recent appointment, the next and previous appointment.

Do you think you could use that?

At the moment there isn’t anything in ClinicOffice to pop up saying that the patient has an appointment already.

The other option would be to RIGHT CLICK the appointment, go to OPEN PATIENT RECORD and then to the APPOINTMENTS tab to see all the patients appointment information.

Thanks

Thanks Mat,
    It takes a lot of man hours if you’re doing either option for 50+ patients at a time.
    The current recall pop up reads as follows:
    ” ‘pt name’ has active recalls
    Please select if this new appt fulfills any of the following recalls:-
    ‘appt day/with practitioner/appt type’
    this new appt is not related to any recall’

Surely if there is this pop up for a recall it can be adapted and copied for an existing appt?

I appreciate what you’re saying,

However with customising ClinicOffice, what often looks simple to implement usually takes a lot of time to create, plus time testing to make sure it works before it’s released etc.

All I can do from this stage is pass it on to the development team. I can check the Wish List to see if this is something others have requested also.

When I get an update on this I can then get in touch!

Thanks

of course!

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Laganside and Roelof.

We’re reviewing open posts on the forum and have some follow-up questions about this thread, to help us to understand what you’re after please…

Laganside >> Is there any way CO can notify if an appointment has already been booked? As in recall already booked? I would like to get a notification when booking an appointment that the patient already has an appointment booked.
    I’m not too sure I understand – sorry. When should the system show this notification? When you book a new appointment? If so, then what does the notification say and what is it’s purpose? Many clinics create courses of treatments for patients, so they might book in anywhere from 2 to 10 future appointments in advance. If the system were to keep warning them that there’s already a future appointment booked, it would get very frustrating.

Roelof >> Somehow I would like to exclude the recalls that have already booked an appt. This way I am not sending these clients useless information by email.
    When a recall is “fulfilled” (i.e. the appointment is booked) then the recall gets deleted off the system, so there should never be a recall record AND a corresponding appointment record in existence. A “recall” can basically be thought of as a future pending appointment which hasn’t been put in the diary yet. Once it is put in the diary, it turns into an appointment and the recall is deleted.

Roelof >> Imagine this: I have set a recall-reminder for a client in three months from now. [Like:’Please note that the last appointment was 3 months ago. You are welcome to connect to my clinic for a new consultation]. Now, imagine this client has booked an appointment 2 weeks before this recall-reminder.
    Instead of recalling this patient, I would prefer not to take any action.

In this case, when you book the new appointment (2 weeks before the reminder), ClinicOffice will prompt you asking whether the appointment you’ve just created fulfills the recall, and if you select YES, then the recall will be deleted.

I hope the above points help to clarify, but please let me know if I’ve misunderstood or if I haven’t answered the questions – thanks!

roelofwielinga
    Participant

Hi Support! and thanks for answering. I noticed the popup just recently. Thanks for clearing this up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.