Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    clinicoffice_user
    Participant

Good Day! How can I sort by surname and then by first name? (eg in Excel I can sort by colun A then column B). In the present format because first names are not automatically sorted, duplicate records have been made.

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your question. On page 70/71 of your User Guide (which is also available in PDF format by clicking the HELP tab, then clicking USER GUIDE), it says :-

Any column in the grid can be sorted alphabetically (or numerically) in ascending or descending order. To sort a column in ascending order, simply click the column header…

The same can be achieved by right-clicking on the column header and selecting Sort Ascending or Sort Descending from the menu.

You can sort on multiple columns by selecting the first sort column (as described above) and then holding the SHIFT key (on the keyboard) whilst clicking on another column header. This will add a secondary sort on the second column you have chosen. You can then add a third sort as well by clicking on a third column while still holding the SHIFT key. You may sort by as many column headers as you like by using this method.

I hope this helps to answer your question – please let us know if you need any further help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.