Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Paul Frishert
    Participant

When I do a sync with Outlook I use the following settings:

• Synchronization type: Export to Outlook
    • Data range to synchronize: Current and furure appointments
    • checked: Perform full export
    • checked: Delete Outlook appointments if not present in ClinicOffice

My question is about the last setting, because this is not working for quite a while (present and former versions). Appointments that are deleted in ClinicOffice and were synchronized earlier to Outlook, are not deleted from Outlook, when they are deleted from Clinicoffice, in the next synchronization.

BTW: I use build 1066.

Please advise.
    Thanks, Paul

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Paul – thanks for your post

>> Appointments that are deleted in ClinicOffice and were synchronized earlier to Outlook
    >> are not deleted from Outlook, ??when they are deleted from Clinicoffice, in the next synchronization??

I understand that you’re saying appointments are not being deleted from Outlook (we’ll try to reproduce your problem back here), but I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean when you say “when they are deleted from ClinicOffice, in the next synchronization”.

Please can you explain in more detail?

Paul Frishert
    Participant

@support wrote:

I understand that you’re saying appointments are not being deleted from Outlook (we’ll try to reproduce your problem back here), but I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean when you say “when they are deleted from ClinicOffice, in the next synchronization”.

Please can you explain in more detail?

What I am trying to say, is that when I have deleted an appointment in ClinicOffice, which is present in Outlook (becasue of an earlier synchronization), that this appointment is not deleted in Outlook by the following synchronization.

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification – we’ll test this back here to see if we can reproduce it.

Paul Frishert
    Participant

@support wrote:

Thanks for the clarification – we’ll test this back here to see if we can reproduce it.

And?

Support
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay in replying. We’ve tested this with several different databases (both EDB and PostgreSQL) and no matter how many times we synchronise back-and-forth we can’t reproduce this problem – it works as expected every time.

If your problem persists please upload BOTH your database and your Outlook PST file to our server by following the instructions here :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-301-how-do-i-upload-my-database-to-your-ftp-server

…and please provide us with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem including exactly which appointments you are seeing this behaviour with. Many thanks!

Paul Frishert
    Participant

@support wrote:

If your problem persists please upload BOTH your database and your Outlook PST file to our server by following the instructions here :-
    https://pioneersoftware.co.uk/forums/topic/faq-301-how-do-i-upload-my-database-to-your-ftp-serverby-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem including exactly which appointments you are seeing this behaviour with. Many thanks!

I have just uploaded both requested files (Mesologie_2012-02-14_09-36.EDBBkp and Outlook_meso.pst) to the ‘temp’ folder of your ftp-site.

For a complete test I have done the following:

• I deleted all appointments in Outlook
    • I performed a sync/export off all appointments to Outlook (settings see earlier post)
    • I cancelled appointment “thursday 16-2-2012 15:00”
    • I performed a sync/export off all appointments to Outlook (settings see earlier post)
    • earlier appointment should now be deleted from Outlook, but is not (that is the situation in provided PST-file

Please delete files from FTP site.

Paul Frishert
    Participant

I think I now know now what I expected and is not performed by the application [-X :

When I cancel an appointment in CO4 it is “deleted” from the diary view, because I have set that cancelled appointments should not be shown. Following I expect that during an export to Outlook, after cancelling an appointment, this appoinment is deleted from Outlook, because I have unchecked the option in sync “Include cancelled appointments”. This is not how it works apparantly #-o . This is what I meant with this post. Is my way of thinking in this case strange?

I have seen now that a deleted appointment in CO4 is really deleted from Outlook.

I think my provided files are not necessary any more, so I deleted them myself from your FTP server.

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the explanation. I think the problem here is that Outlook doesn’t support the notion of “Cancelled” appointments being hidden.

The only way around this would be to actually DELETE cancelled appointments from Outlook – however if we did that, then if someone changed the sync priority (to give priority to Outlook) and then you performer another sync, it would actually DELETE the appointment records out of ClinicOffice because they had been deleted in Outlook.

As you can see, there is no simple solution. The way that ClinicOffice works is that it if “Include cancelled appointments” is not ticked, then ClinicOffice simply IGNORES (i.e. excludes) cancelled appointments from the sync operation.

I’m not sure if there’s a better way to do it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.