Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to send a text message to a certain group of patients. I keep getting the error message :
    [syntax error at or near “)”]

I haven’t placed an end bracket in the message, nor are there any filters that are being used with text characters that aren’t normal a-z 0-9 type characters. Even when I removed things like % signs, and @ signs, I still get the syntax message error.

I can send other text messages (appointment based reminders) but I can’t seem to send a text message as a single one off bulk text message to the people who have agreed to have text messages sent to them. Can you help?

Support
    Keymaster

Hi – thanks for your post.

The rule definition options are stored as XML in your database and we do see this very occasionally where somehow the XML string gets corrupted or somehow becomes invalid. At one time we thought it might happen if you used XML style ‘‘ in your message text or perhaps symbols like ‘<' or '>‘, but we’ve never been able to reproduce the problem here even entering those kind of codes/symbols – it’s most odd.

Anyway, to fix this please click “TOOLS | ADVANCED DB OPERATION” and then copy and paste the following code replacing ‘My Rule Name’ with the name of the rule in question (make sure you type it exactly correct including the CASE) :-

update pcrule set definition='' where name='My Rule Name';

Executing the above statement will clear out the XML definition of the rule and you can then right-click the rule and click EDIT to pop the settings back in.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.