Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    activelife
    Participant

Hi, we are running version 5.0.1107 of Clinic Office, which it says it the latest. Recently we’ve started to experience an issue whereby it won’t let us log off. Now, this has occurred with more than one user and on different computers, so definitely a software problem, not pc/user specific. We will click log off and then log off again on the drop down menu, nothing happens. So we try exit clinic office, it will ask ‘am I sure I want to do this’ click yes, nothing happens. Clinic Office is not frozen as it will still allow you to do various other commands and when you ctrl, alt+ del it doesn’t indicate that it’s frozen there either. However, that has become the only way we can got off, force it to close. It’s only recently started and hasn’t started immediately after updating so not sure why this is occurring. Any tips would be most helpful as our IT company can’t help with software specific issues without some further guidance.

William
    Keymaster

Hi Activelife

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It certainly is unusual the issue you are experiencing. I understand what you mean when you say that this is definitely not PC/user-specific but is there a common anti-virus product that is installed on all the machines? The reason why I ask is that it is not unusual for a clinic to have a common AV installed on all machines. If there is then we can test ClinicOffice with this anti-virus product and see if we can reproduce the issue and look for a solution.

Also, when you mention that it does not let you log off is it every single time? For example, if you log in to ClinicOffice and click to log off immediately, before doing anything else, does it allow you then to log off?

Look forward to hearing from you.

activelife
    Participant

Hi William, Yes there would be a group antivirus software, security manager: AV defender. However, as per previous times when we’ve had clinic office issues and it’s been queried whether this is interfering, there is nothing displaying saying it is quarantining or blocking anything Clinic Office related.

It is not happening every single time, although has become more frequent in the last couple of weeks for sure. With our IT support we tried logging in and then out again straight away and they had no issue in doing that. I had called them at the time when I couldn’t log off for reference, we had to force shut down and then start again.

Hope this helps?

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Hi Activelife,

Thanks for your response.

Although it may seem strange, the issue is still very likely anti-virus related. If you could kindly let us know the name of the anti-virus product, we will be able to test and hopefully reproduce the issue on our internal systems.

In this case, it doesn’t sound like the AV is actually blocking anything as such – hence nothing would appear within quarantine – rather it more likely has files locked while it scans which is preventing ClinicOffice from being able to access them.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

activelife
    Participant

Hi Joshua, thanks for your reply. As mentioned above it’s Av defender.

Jodie

Joshua Barrs
    Keymaster

Thanks Jodie,

Apologies, I assumed AV Defender was just a generic term.

Please can you try temporarily disabling the anti-virus to see if this resolves the issue. We have seen this before. If that works, then whoever manages your anti-virus needs to add ClinicOffice and associated files into the exclusion list.

activelife
    Participant

Just an update. We have tried running with av defender off and we’ve tried it since with it back on and it doesn’t seem to be making any difference. At the moment we don’t seem to be encountering the issue. Touch wood it stays that way!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.