Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have updated to build 1085 on my server computer (reception). When trying to logon to my second computer I get the message “the clinic office installation on this computer must be updated to build 1085 before you can logon to this database” When I try to update to build 1085 on my second computer it says “clinicoffice v5 appears to be running on this computer and cannot be updated at the moment…” I have restarted/rebooted both computers many times – yesterday and today and the same message appears. So I have no access to ClinicOffice in my treatment room. I am so frustrated, please help.

I have got into ClinicOffice by using the sample database instead of my own database. Checked for program updates, and updated to build 1085 through the sample database. I can now access my own database. I am going to stop doing updates – something always goes wrong.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi Claire – sorry to hear you had a problem updating. If you see the message “ClinicOffice v5 appears to be running on this computer and cannot be updated at the moment…”, it most likely means there is a “ClinicOfficeV5.exe” process which is stuck running in the background.

A simple reboot, or killing off the process via the Windows Task Manager will resolve the issue and allow the updater to work correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.